Sometimes it just takes a little nudge to get in the habit of doing healthy things! Sign up for a Daily Habits plan as part of your Well-Being Activity to earn your $150 Wellness Incentive. You would log in to the wellness portal each day during your chosen activity period, and report on your progress. Daily Habits uses behavioral science to help you improve your well-being.
Plan options include:
- Enjoy exercise
- Balance your diet
- Keep stress in check
- Lose weight
- Quit tobacco
- Cope with the blues
Sign up at: https://webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin/
The Stressless Challenge is taking place from February 28 – March 27. Challenge yourself to find 5 minutes each day to focus on something that helps you feel good and earn incentive credit while you’re at it.
Stress can have surprising effects on overall health, from the way we think and feel to the way we eat and behave. There are lots of ways stress can affect you, but you can have a major effect on your stress, too. Taking as little as 5 minutes for yourself to unwind each day can make a difference. There are lots of ways to relieve stress—what works for you is what’s important. Try stretching, meditating, or doing something you enjoy.
Enjoy downtime every day
Did you know taking “me time” can help you become more mindful, which can help you sleep better, stay on top of stress and improve your heart health? Be sure to register before March 7, and start reducing stress and restoring your well-being.
During the Stressless challenge, you’ll track your downtime for 21 of 28 days between February 28 and March 27. Take five minutes to relax for 21 days to enjoy better well-being! Completing the Stressless Challenge counts as completing your well-being activity, which is one step toward earning $150. (Complete your health assessment and a health check, too, to earn the full amount.)
Well Wisconsin Radio is back in 2022 and better than ever-podcasting! We are excited to share the first episode. Listen in as host Morgan Meinen interviews Dr. Christine Whelan, clinical professor in the School of Human Ecology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, about setting goals and finding purpose during times of uncertainty.
Check out the new Well Wisconsin Radio webpage. Episodes will be released monthly with a few bonus shows along the way. Last year’s episodes are still available.
You can be notified when new episodes are available by subscribing through Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts or the platform of your choice. While listening to an episode, you’ll hear a code that you can enter in the wellness portal. Entering codes from two episodes earns the well-being activity step towards your wellness incentive!
UW-Green Bay has received 100 full-size 2022 Kindness Calendars as part of UW-System’s wellness initiative! Each day includes an activity/thought/suggestion to help improve your life.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a calendar and we’ll send you one!
- Complete and check off at least 21 of the activities.
- Complete this survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ESA2022) to receive your code.
- Enter that code on the Rewards tab at https://webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin/ under “My Reward” and “Employer Sponsored Activity” before October 14, 2022. This would take care of the “Activity” step to get your $150 wellness incentive!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud”
~ Maya Angelou
People who regularly practice gratitude tend to live healthier, happier lives. Gratitude is like a muscle — the more you practice it, the more your gratefulness will grow. This month participate in our 12 Days of Gratitude challenge and explore all the benefits of practicing gratitude!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have completed all 12 days, and receive a wellness prize!
Fall in love with the life you already have.
Mental Health and Building Resilience
- Tuesday, September 28th
- Noon to 12:30 pm
Click here to register.
Well Wisconsin Radio is a monthly podcast style program that interviews health and wellness experts from around the state. Participants can get credit for attending live or by listening in to the recording.
Fill your bucket this summer by doing things that feel good to you! Our Summer Bucket List Challenge has some great ideas or create your own. Set a goal and then get to fillin’ your bucket!
Track your fun for 30 days by checking 10 days off your bucket list. Click here for the form. Email your completed form to email@example.com.
Treat yo’ self!
- Stargaze—contemplate just how amazing life is
- Use PTO to leave work early to do your own thing!
- Enjoy a book or magazine at your favorite cafe
- Tap in to your artistic side with sidewalk chalk
- Take a nap or read in the warm shade
- Say “no” to something that feels stressful
- Say “yes!” to something fun and indulgent
- Relax in the bath, pool, hot tub, lake—you choose
- Sit outside, close your eyes, and just listen
I like to move it, move it!
- Dance to music that moves you
- Beat the heat—get up for an early morning walk/run
- Start your day with yoga in the sunshine
- Walk to do an errand or get a summer treat
- Try a NEW activity—geocaching, paddle boarding, etc.
- Grab a friend and go for a bike ride
- Work in your garden or yard
- Hand wash your car
- Go for a hike and have a picnic
Get ‘er done!
Goals, productivity, professional development
- Get rid of 25 items from your house
- Organize a space—don’t forget before and after photos
- Set one professional or personal goal for the summer
- Don’t check work email when you are on vacation
- Make an emergency/natural disaster plan with family
- Aim for a no-waste week—reduce, reuse, recycle
- Listen to a professional/personal development podcast
- Read an article that will help you toward a goal
- Plan a fall/winter vacation
Weekend ideas with friends and family
- Go camping
- Visit a museum—pose like an exhibit (pictures!)
- Catch a summer blockbuster to escape the heat
- Have fun with animals—zoo, aquarium, or your pet
- Go to an outdoor concert, festival, fair or sports game
- Try an outdoor ropes course or ziplining
- Go to brunch or have a picnic in the park
- Visit a pool, river, lake, or coast for a water adventure
- Tour your local town or a new city you want to see
For the love of full bellies!
Food and drink
- Make a healthy, cool summer treat—share the recipe!
- Organize a progressive dinner with some neighbors
- Enjoy a treat from an ice-cream truck
- Make real homemade lemonade (no powdered stuff!)
- Eat your favorite summer produce—savor every bite
- Have a BBQ and snap a photo of the grill master
- Try a cold summer soup recipe
- Make fruit popsicles
- Pick up fruits and veggies from a farmers’ market
You do you!
Create your own list
There is no quick fix or magic pill for mental health issues, but I’m confident that together, as we learn and talk about them more, we’ll start to turn every month into one where mental health is a priority, both at home and at work. To your good health!