The University of Wisconsin System has embarked on a complete redesign of its current classification and compensation structure. The goal of the Title & Total Compensation Project (T&TC) is to modernize the existing title and compensation programs which will, in turn, attract and retain the best talent for the organization.
As announced last spring, the Title & Total Compensation (T&TC) Project implementation was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however we are moving forward with an implementation date of November 7, 2021. The UW-Green Bay Title & Total Compensation Website has been updated with the following anticipated timeline:
- Very late October/early November: Formal notices of revised titles sent by UW System to in-scope employees
- November 1, 2021: New pay ranges published by UW System on their website
- First week of November, 2021: UW-Green Bay virtual sessions for employees regarding appeals process and new pay ranges (see below for more information)
- November 7, 2021: Official go-live of the new title structure.
- November 7, 2021: UW-Green Bay will formally publish the governance-reviewed (and leadership approved) updated Title Review Policy, Title Guidelines, IAS Guidelines, Title Appeal Guidelines, and associated forms.
- November 7, 2021 – December 31, 2021: Appeals submission period for employees (all TTC appeals must be submitted by December 31, 2021)
- January 1, 2022 – June 30, 2022: Appeals processing period. All appeals will be settled by June 30, 2022.
If you are interested in learning more about the Title & Total Compensation Project, please consider attending one of our upcoming virtual information sessions. At these sessions, we will provide an update regarding the project, an overview of the appeals process (including instructions for filling out the form, timelines, etc.), and a brief overview related to the new pay ranges. Please see below for specific dates and times:
No need to RSVP, just mark your calendar to attend utilizing the links above! We will also be recording a session, which will be available on the HR Connect blog.
In addition, it is expected that UW System will be holding system-wide town halls related to the salary structure in mid-November. Information will be shared about those town halls with the campus community when available.
More details about the Title & Total Compensation Project will continue to be communicated to employees in the HR Connect weekly email newsletter, the HR Connect blog, and on the UW System Title & Total Compensation Project website.
On behalf of the campus project team and leadership, we would like to thank you for your support of these efforts, and look forward to the upcoming implementation!