If you are looking for well-being tips and advice from local experts, Well Wisconsin Radio is the podcast for you!
January 2024 Episode: Navigating Diet Trends
If you are focusing on healthy eating habits in the new year, don’t miss this episode on navigating diet trends. Get advice from a registered dietitian on identifying credible nutrition information from fad diets. During this interview with Mackenzie Burke, RD and lifestyle coach from UW Health, explore popular weight loss diets including keto, intermittent fasting, intuitive eating, Mediterranean, MIND, flexitarian and more.
NOTE to those eligible for the 2024 Well Wisconsin Incentive – Listening to two episodes of Well Wisconsin Radio from season 3, dated November 2023 and later, will qualify for well-being activity credit.
Mark your calendar to attend the Annual UW-Green Bay Employee Benefits & Wellness Fair!
When: Thursday, September 28, 2023
Time: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Where: University Union Phoenix Room, Green Bay campus
Please stop by to talk about your benefits and wellness to get helpful information as you consider options for the Annual Benefit Enrollment period. We’ll have refreshments too! This year’s Annual Benefits Enrollment period is September 25th to October 20th.
Representatives from the following organizations will be looking forward to talking with you during the fair:
- Common Ground (Health Insurance)
- Dean Prevea (Health Insurance)
- Network (Health Insurance)
- Robin by HealthPartners (Health Insurance)
- UnitedHealthcare (Health Insurance for Retirees)
- Optum (Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Securian (Life Insurance)
- Zurich (Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance)
- HealthChoice (Long-Term Care Insurance)
- Fidelity (Supplemental Retirement Program)
- TIAA (Supplemental Retirement Program)
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation
- Edvest College Savings Plan
- Kepro (Employee Assistance Program)
- WebMD Well Wisconsin Program
- UW-System Benefits Counseling
- UW-Credit Union
- UW-Green Bay University Recreation
- UW-Green Bay Wellness Committee
- UW-Green Bay Office of Sustainability
- UW-Green Bay Safety & Environmental Management
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 465-2390.
Well Wisconsin Radio podcast discusses topics of health and well-being from experts around the State of Wisconsin.
New June Episode: Sugar and Your Health with Emma Gellerstedt
Looking for advice and tips to cut back on sugar? Join for a conversation with Registered Dietitian, Emma Gellerstedt, where she talks about the health benefits experienced when we cut back on the amount of sugar in our diet. She shares creative ideas for taming a sweet tooth and eating balanced meal. Whether you have a goal to lose weight, make healthier food choices or be a healthy-eating role model for young ones in your life, this episode is for you. Hope you tune in!
The Wellness Committee’s March Madness Challenge can be completed and submitted by March 31st to email@example.com. Please send your t-shirt size, as all participates will receive a t-shirt for completing the challenge.
Please visit our original blog post HERE.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The Wellness Committee has created a March Madness Challenge for faculty/staff to complete.
This Challenge can be completed by picking activities from 4 different categories and completing them, then choosing which activity you would like to advance to the next round.
Completed forms must be submitted to Wellness@uwgb.edu by March 31st. Please send your t-shirt size, as participants will receive a t-shirt.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
PDF: March Madness Wellness Challenge_UWGB Wellness Committee.
February 2023 NEW EPISODE: Hydration and Heart Health with Becky Kerkenbush
Discover the role water plays in your body while gaining tips on staying hydrated and cutting back on sugar-sweetened beverages. Join host, Renee Fox, as she talks with Registered Dietitian, Becky Kerkenbush to learn more about hydration needs through the lifecycle. To celebrate American Heart Month, the conversation also focuses on cardiovascular health and ways to make improvements.
Note to those eligible for the 2023 Well Wisconsin inventive: Two episodes of Well Wisconsin Radio from season 2, dated November 2022 and later, will qualify for well-being activity credit.
Eating healthy is extremely important, one benefit of eating healthy is to reduce risk of developing coronary heart disease and to stop gaining weight, reducing your risk of diabetes and high blood pressure. Another reason to have a healthy diet is to help lower cholesterol levels and reduce your risk of some cancers.
Having a balanced diet is important but finding healthy and easy recipes can also be difficult. The Wellness Committee is challenging you to submit your healthy recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2023. Bring your recipe with you to the Women’s Heart Health Luncheon and Learn on February 15th to receive a prize. Those submitted online will be put into a drawing to receive a prize.
Recipes can be meals, snacks, side dishes, desserts, etc.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Please join the Women’s Leadership Network Employee Resource Group (ERG) and UWGB Wellness Committee February 15th, 2023 to network and learn more about women’s heart health. Please bring your lunch and join the event at any time.
11:30AM-12:00PM – Information and Resources
- American Heart Association Resources
- What is an AED and where are they on our campus by University Police
- Healthy eating on campus by Chartwells
- Exercise at the Kress by UREC
- Wellness Committee Resources and Challenge (Bring a healthy recipe with and receive a prize, see blog post HERE)
12:00PM-12:30PM – Speakers (Streamed via Teams – please email Lynn Niemi at firstname.lastname@example.org for the link.)
- Molly Schroeder, Marketing Specialist at the Brown County Library will share her story of having a heart attack at age 21
- Paula Fleurant, R.N., M.S, UWGB Alumni and 24 year open heart survivor
12:30PM-1:00PM – Round table discussion and networking
- Discussion with speakers and networking time.
When: February 15, 2023
Location: 1965 Room in University Union
To request an accommodation or needing additional information, please contact Lynn Niemi at email@example.com or call 920-465-2849.