Position at UWGB: Associate Professor of Social Work and MSW Program Chair
Summary of what you do: Teach courses in the Social Work Program and provide administrative oversight of the MSW Program
How long have you been employed: since 2008
Brief history of employment with UWGB: Started as a visiting lecturer with the Social Work (SW) program in 2008. Started my doctorate in 2009. That led to a tenure-track, assistant professor position with the SW Program. I received tenure and promoted to Associate Professor in 2015. I was interim chair of the SW program from 2014-2015 and became MSW Program Chair in 2015.
Three words that describe you: My family offered these three words to describe me: Compassionate, Hard-working, Humble
Personal interests: Fitness, family, gardening, snowmobiling, water skiing
– Any favorite line from a movie? “In case I forget to tell you later, I had a great time tonight.” (Spoken by Julia Roberts to Richard Gere in Pretty Woman)
– Are you messy or organized? Very organized on the outside. Somewhat messy on the inside (including my desk drawers.)
– If you could interview one person (dead or alive) who would it be? My Great-great Aunt Myrtle Brooke (1872-1948) who is nationally recognized as a pioneer for the Social Work Profession.
– If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Breakfast Skillet and black Coffee!
– If you were an animal what would you be? A giraffe…strong, flexible, creative, tenacious
– Motto or personal mantra? I am what I am (said Popeye the Sailor man)
– Top 3 life highlights? Finding and marrying my husband, having 2 children and raising them to be beautiful adults, achieving my doctorate in the middle of my life
– What do you like most about your job? My colleagues and our students
– What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love? Sappy Christmas movies
– What’s the one thing, you can’t (don’t want to ever) live without? My family