ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions. Visit their webinar page to learn more about any of the following sessions.
Beneficiary Designations – What Happens to My Account When I Die?
Do you have a beneficiary designation on file with ETF and does it reflect how you’d want your WRS death benefits paid? This webinar reviews the importance of having a beneficiary designation on file and keeping it updated as life events occur. We’ll also review the process of how to correctly complete a designation form, what it means if you do not have one on file with ETF, and how to request a copy of your current form.
- Fri, Apr 3, 2020 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Wed, Apr 8, 2020 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Thu, Apr 23, 2020 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- Mon, Apr 27, 2020 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM
WRS Effective Rates and Annuity Adjustments
Do WRS accounts receive an investment return? Do investment returns affect how much a retiree will initially receive when they begin their pension? Do those retired in the WRS receive adjustments to their monthly pension amount over the years?
This webinar will cover the process of how account effective rates and annuity adjustments are calculated, starting with the investment return reported by the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Also covered during the webinar will be explanations of both the Core and Variable Trust Funds and the calculations specific to each fund for effective rates and annual adjustments. At the end of this webinar, we hope you may have a better understanding of how the State of Wisconsin Investment Board investment returns affect your WRS pension.
- Fri, Apr 3, 2020 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM
- Thu, Apr 9, 2020 12:00 PM – 12:30 PM
- Thu, Apr 23, 2020 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Wed, Apr 29, 2020 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
How to Use ETF’s Online Retirement Calculator to Estimate a Retirement Benefit
ETF’s online retirement calculator, one of the most-used tools on our website, allows you to calculate an unofficial projection of your WRS retirement benefit at any point in the future. This webinar will cover where to find and how to use the calculator, specific information required for data entry (e.g., desired retirement date, spouse or partner’s birthdate, etc.) and how to interpret the results. There will be time at the end of the webinar to ask specific questions on this topic.
- Wed, Apr 1, 2020 6:00 PM – 6:30 PM
- Mon, Apr 6, 2020 11:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Thu, Apr 16, 2020 12:30 PM – 1:00 PM
- Tue, Apr 21, 2020 11:30 AM – 12:00 PM
Preparing for Your Retirement
Who should attend? Employees who are planning to retire in the next 1 – 10 years. Learn about your steps to retire with the WRS. Attend this event by live webinar! You will learn about the impact of contributions and investment returns on your account, when you can retire, your WRS annuity options, returning to work after you retire, what happens to your account when you die, health and life insurance, and more.
Questions are welcome during and after the event!
- Thu, Apr 2, 2020 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Tue, Apr 14, 2020 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
- Wed, Apr 29, 2020 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Tue, May 12, 2020 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Thu, May 28, 2020 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
- Fri, Jun 12, 2020 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
- Thu, Jun 25, 2020 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM