On Campus is offering a free Lunch & Learn Series for all UW-Green Bay staff and faculty. Staff and faculty are welcome to bring their lunch to learn about exercise and health psychological skills that can be used in everyday life. The series is offered in-person or via Zoom.
The dates are:
September 25: Movement & Physical Activity into Work Day 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
October 30: Building Confidence in Physical Activity 12:00pm – 1:00 pm
November 27: Motivation and Time Management 12:00pm – 1:00 pm
December 11: Stress Management 12:00pm – 1:00 pm
The Series will be held in the University Union 1965 Room or interested staff and facutly can join via Zoom: https://wisconsin-edu.zoom.us/j/4894327536?pwd=RTlyZGpUMlVpQWJsd0RRVG5CK3NXZz09
Meeting ID: 489 432 7536
Have fun this fall with the newest Wellness Committee Fall Challenge!
Take time each day of the week to focus on a different area of your wellness. From October 1 to 28, 2023, complete an activity at least 3 days each week to be entered in a prize drawing! There are some ideas on the second page, but feel free to get creative! Just write a short note about what you did on the day you completed it and check the last column if you completed activities at least 3 days that week.
Please email your completed sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 8, 2023.
Fall Wellness Challenge
Earn your $150 Well Wisconsin Program incentive* by completing a health assessment, health check, and one well-being activity by October 13, 2023.
- Health Assessment: Log into the WebMD website and answer the assessment questions online. The assessment will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Health Check: Choose from the options below to complete this requirement:
- Biometric Screening: Check the WebMD website for clinics located near you.
- Health Care Provider Form: Report your height, weight, and blood pressure from a visit with your health care provider. Your health care provider does not need to sign this form.
- Preventive Dental Exam: Get a dental cleaning and report it through the WebMD website.
- Health Coaching Call: Discuss your current health with a WebMD health coach, set well-being goals and explore solutions to help you attain your goals.
3. Well-being Activity: Select a WebMD activity, complete it, and report it through the WebMD website.
Once you have earned your incentive, you can choose to receive your gift card electronically or mailed to the address you have on file with the UW System.
* You and your spouse are eligible to earn the $150 Well Wisconsin Program incentive if you are enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Program.
To learn more, review the UW System Well Wisconsin Program web page.
Source: UW System Human Resources
UW-Green Bay has added an additional Kognito Simulation to our portfolio this year, Cultivating Inclusive Communities Training. This simulation enables students, faculty, and staff to have courageous conversations which foster an inclusive campus community. It will help participants to be prepared to lead conversations that contribute to a safe, supportive, respectful, and welcoming community.
The training takes about 30 minutes to complete. It can be paused at any time and will be able to resume where you left off in the simulation.
The Wellness Committee will be awarding 20 employees who complete the training by December 31st. If you have already completed the training, your participation will be included. Winners will be announced in January.
Please visit https://uwgb.kognito.com to complete the training!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Well Wisconsin Radio podcast discusses topics of health and well-being from experts around the State of Wisconsin
New Episode: Financial Well-Being
Discover how pre-tax savings accounts can be part of a strategy for saving money and identify if it’s a good plan for you in the latest Well Wisconsin Radio interview with Xiong Vang, HSA and ERA Accounts Program manager fro the Wisconsin Department of Employee Trust Funds. Then hear from WebMD Health Coach Amy Fink about how to better manage stress, whether it’s from finances or other areas of your life. Don’t miss this episode to help you focus on your financial well-being.
Mark your calendar to attend the Annual UW-Green Bay Employee Benefits & Wellness Fair!
When: Thursday, September 28, 2023
Time: 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
Where: University Union Phoenix Room, Green Bay campus
Please stop by to talk about your benefits and wellness to get helpful information as you consider options for the Annual Benefit Enrollment period. We’ll have refreshments too! This year’s Annual Benefits Enrollment period is September 25th to October 20th.
Representatives from the following organizations will be looking forward to talking with you during the fair:
- Common Ground (Health Insurance)
- Dean Prevea (Health Insurance)
- Network (Health Insurance)
- Robin by HealthPartners (Health Insurance)
- UnitedHealthcare (Health Insurance for Retirees)
- Optum (Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts)
- Securian (Life Insurance)
- Zurich (Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance)
- HealthChoice (Long-Term Care Insurance)
- Fidelity (Supplemental Retirement Program)
- TIAA (Supplemental Retirement Program)
- Wisconsin Deferred Compensation
- Edvest College Savings Plan
- Kepro (Employee Assistance Program)
- WebMD Well Wisconsin Program
- UW-System Benefits Counseling
- UW-Credit Union
- UW-Green Bay University Recreation
- UW-Green Bay Wellness Committee
- UW-Green Bay Office of Sustainability
- UW-Green Bay Safety & Environmental Management
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 465-2390.
Time to register for your onsite health screening!
A free health screening* event has been scheduled for employees (and spouses) who are enrolled in the State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program.
At an onsite screening, you’ll learn your measurements for blood pressure, body mass index (BMI), cholesterol (HDL, LDL and total), triglycerides and glucose, and be in and out in 20 minutes. Register today!
LOCATION: Phoenix Room # 2114, Sheboygan campus
DATE: Thursday, September 14, 2023
TIME: 8:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Unfortunately the Sheboygan screening event has been cancelled due to not meeting the minimum number of participants.
- LOCATION: University Union, Phoenix Rooms, Green Bay campus
- DATES: Wednesday, September 20, 2023
- TIME: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm
Please register at webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin by clicking Benefits, and then Get Started on the Biometric Screening card.
Earn your $150 Well Wisconsin Incentive
Complete three activities by October 13, 2023 to earn the $150 Well Wisconsin incentive.
- Get a health screening or complete another health check option (ex. dental exam or coaching session).
- Complete the health assessment at webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin – it takes about 10 minutes and is mobile and tablet friendly!
- Complete a well-being activity (ex. complete a challenge, listen to two Well Wisconsin pod casts, etc.).
For more information on the Well Wisconsin Program or to complete your activities, log in to webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin.
*The Well Wisconsin incentive program is a voluntary program available to employees, retirees and spouses enrolled in the State of Wisconsin Group Health Insurance Program, excluding Medicare Advantage participants who have incentives available through their health plan. The Well Wisconsin incentive will automatically be issued to eligible participants upon completing the applicable activities. All wellness incentives paid to participants are considered taxable income to the group health plan subscriber and are reported to their employer, who will issue a W2. In some cases, the Wisconsin Retirement System acts as the employer. Retirees, continuants and their spouses will have some taxes withheld from the incentive amount earned.
Well Wisconsin Radio podcast discusses topics of health and well-being from experts around the State of Wisconsin.
NEW EPISODE: Integrative Medicine
Explore the practice of integrative medicine with the latest episode of Well Wisconsin Radio. Renee Fox sits down with Dr. Greta Kuphal, medical director of the Integrative Health Program at UW Health for this interview. Tune in to discover if this approach to healthcare is designed for you and learn how it differs from conventional medicine. Dr. Kuphal shares tips for finding legitimate providers and much more. You don’t want to miss this episode!