Fill your bucket this summer by doing things that feel good to you! Our Summer Bucket List Challenge has some great ideas or create your own. Set a goal and then get to fillin’ your bucket!
Treat yo’ self!
- Stargaze—contemplate just how amazing life is
- Use PTO to leave work early to do your own thing!
- Enjoy a book or magazine at your favorite cafe
- Tap in to your artistic side with sidewalk chalk
- Take a nap or read in the warm shade
- Say “no” to something that feels stressful
- Say “yes!” to something fun and indulgent
- Relax in the bath, pool, hot tub, lake—you choose
- Sit outside, close your eyes, and just listen
I like to move it, move it!
- Dance to music that moves you
- Beat the heat—get up for an early morning walk/run
- Start your day with yoga in the sunshine
- Walk to do an errand or get a summer treat
- Try a NEW activity—geocaching, paddle boarding, etc.
- Grab a friend and go for a bike ride
- Work in your garden or yard
- Hand wash your car
- Go for a hike and have a picnic
Get ‘er done!
Goals, productivity, professional development
- Get rid of 25 items from your house
- Organize a space—don’t forget before and after photos
- Set one professional or personal goal for the summer
- Don’t check work email when you are on vacation
- Make an emergency/natural disaster plan with family
- Aim for a no-waste week—reduce, reuse, recycle
- Listen to a professional/personal development podcast
- Read an article that will help you toward a goal
- Plan a fall/winter vacation
Weekend ideas with friends and family
- Go camping
- Visit a museum—pose like an exhibit (pictures!)
- Catch a summer blockbuster to escape the heat
- Have fun with animals—zoo, aquarium, or your pet
- Go to an outdoor concert, festival, fair or sports game
- Try an outdoor ropes course or ziplining
- Go to brunch or have a picnic in the park
- Visit a pool, river, lake, or coast for a water adventure
- Tour your local town or a new city you want to see
For the love of full bellies!
Food and drink
- Make a healthy, cool summer treat—share the recipe!
- Organize a progressive dinner with some neighbors
- Enjoy a treat from an ice-cream truck
- Make real homemade lemonade (no powdered stuff!)
- Eat your favorite summer produce—savor every bite
- Have a BBQ and snap a photo of the grill master
- Try a cold summer soup recipe
- Make fruit popsicles
- Pick up fruits and veggies from a farmers’ market
You do you!
Create your own list
- Supporting Your Mental Health While Working from Home
- Enhancing Resilience
- Dealing with Grief, Loss, and Change as an Employee
- Avoiding Burnout
- Mindful Meditations for Work and Life
- Managing Your Emotions at Work
- The Five Thieves of Happiness
- Self-Compassion: The Proven Power of Being Kind to Yourself
- Developing Resilience and Grit
There is no quick fix or magic pill for mental health issues, but I’m confident that together, as we learn and talk about them more, we’ll start to turn every month into one where mental health is a priority, both at home and at work. To your good health!
This month’s challenge is encouraging everyone to get out and explore our wonderful state parks. The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks have developed a fun event that will challenge visitors to explore the Wisconsin properties in new and fun ways to increase healthy habits, connect with family and friends, and help serve the community.
There are several activities to choose from like hiking, camping, fishing, paddling, photography, and volunteering to help clean the parks. Please go to the site to see all the challenges listed (link below under resources). There is no fee associated with the challenge except for a vehicle admission sticker. Plan to complete it with family members, friends, coworkers or just some alone time outdoors.
The challenge has started and runs through September 22, 2021. Participants need to complete at least one of the challenges in order to get credit for the Well Wisconsin Incentive. Register on the site and download the logbook. When you complete a challenge, log it and email a picture of the logbook to email@example.com.
Want to learn more about the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Explore Challenge? Tune in to Well Wisconsin Radio on Tuesday, May 25th from Noon-12:30. Host Morgan Meinen will be interviewing Mike McFadzen and Randall Paske from the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks.
Episodes available on demand after the event! Click here to access the Well Wisconsin Radio channel!
Learn Ways to Get Your Stress Under Control During National Stress Awareness Month with LinkedIn Learning
Stress–we all have it! It’s what we do with it that determines if it’s fuel or foe. April is National Stress Awareness Month, and there’s no better time to check in with yourself and take much-needed time for you. We’re here to help with videos and courses on LinkedIn Learning.
- Just have a few minutes? Check out a quick video with some quick tips to reduce stress from our Happiness Tips course or get your stress in check with tips that focus on Mindfulness.
- Ready to make a bigger investment? Check out our courses on Managing Stress for Positive Change or Managing Stress.
- If you’re watching for signs that your stress is getting to be too much, we can help with Avoiding Burnout.
- Need to recharge from the chaos of life? Check out Arianna Huffington’s Thrive 02: Learning How to Unplug and Recharge or Arianna Huffington’s Thrive 03: Setting Priorities and Letting Go.
- Have you been going through a major change or loss? Need some help with resilience? Check out Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant on Option B: Building Resilience.
- Struggling to balance it all? Check out Balancing Work and Life.
We’re here to help you take control of your stress–today! What’s one thing you’re going to do for you this month?
Source: LinkedIn Learning
Presentation from Kepro, our Employee Assistance Program provider, and our UWGB Wellness Center
We are all living in unprecedented times, which fosters worry and anxiety. Heightened worry and fear can only make trigger events worse than they already are. Controlling the way that we process the events is the goal of this seminar. Please plan to join us for this virtual presentation.
Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2021
Time: 11:30 am – 12:30 pm
Please sign up to attend: https://uwgreenbay.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dbAE69Tz2ZDuoZ0
If you aren’t able to join us during the live presentation, a recording will be available after the presentation at https://www.uwgb.edu/UWGBCMS/media/coronavirus/Living-in-Uncertain-Times-During-Covid-19-20210310_112955-Meeting-Recording.mp4.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please register and start tracking at webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin.
Source: Well Wisconsin