The University is pleased to offer an exclusive Supervisory Leadership Certificate Program available to five UW-Green Bay supervisors seeking professional development.
Build your leadership skills, fulfill your potential and enhance the capabilities of your department with a program designed to advance careers. Five supervisors will be selected to begin this program with $600 in expenses for materials and other items charged to their department.
To earn the UW-Green Bay Supervisory Leadership Certificate participants must complete eight courses:
- Core Course: Developing Yourself and Others (3-hour interactive virtual session and 3+ hours self-paced online study)
- Five topic courses: (each class has a 3-hour interactive virtual session and 3+ hours self-paced online study)
- Coaching for Performance
- Change Management-Leading Through Change
- Creating Cultural Transformation
- Interpersonal Communication-From Collaboration to Conflict Resolution
- Helping Your Team Achieve Optimal Organizational Management
- UW-Green Bay Human Resources’ Supervising for Success (2-day class)
- Capstone Course: Developing an Action Plan
For more information about the courses and dates for 2021, please see here. Participants will have three years to complete the program. Approximately $600 in expenses for course materials and other items will be charged to the department. Supervisors are encouraged to discuss the cost with Division Heads/Area Leaders if funding is a barrier to participation.
If interested in being considered for this program, please complete the top section of the Interest Form and forward electronically to your supervisor. Next level supervisors should review and complete their portion of the form, and forward to the Area Leader no later than December 4, 2020. Forms will be forwarded to the Position Review Committee for consideration, and decisions made on attendees will be communicated to employees and supervisors in mid-December.
Please visit the Leadership Development website for more information regarding professional development opportunities for supervisors.
The Supervisory Leadership Certificate Program is a collaboration between Continuing Education & Community Engagement (CECE) and UW-Green Bay Office of Human Resources and Workforce Diversity. If you have questions about the Supervisory Leadership Certificate Program, please feel free to contact Judy Price at email@example.com or (920) 366-8328.