Effective July 1, 2019, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) vendor will be changing to FEI. The EAP program is a free, confidential service to you, your dependents, and anyone living in your household. Most of the features of the program will remain the same as they are today with some additional features and benefits.
Beginning July 1, 2019, you, or a member of your household, may contact FEI for services by calling (866) 274-4723 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Some of the EAP services FEI provides are regarding:
- Emotional Situations: relationships, parenting, grieving
- Work/Life Challenges: child care, elder care, adoption
- Legal and Financial Circumstances: managing expenses or debt, preparation of simple wills, child custody or child support
Additional access to FEI is available through their website. Visit https://www.feieap.com (Username: SOWI) to obtain educational information, useful links, help locating child and elder care providers, and self-assessments.
The program’s counseling services are available at no cost to you and/or your household members. Professional counselors are available both via phone and in-person in our local area. You can receive up to 6 sessions, per issue, per year. If additional counseling or services are recommended, the counselor will assist you with accessing providers covered by your health insurance plan.
Those currently receiving counseling sessions: Since the EAP is a confidential program, your employer does not know what services, if any, are being used by an employee. If you are one of the employees currently receiving counseling sessions, your sessions will end on June 30, 2019. Our current EAP administrator will send each of the counselors currently working with employees a letter regarding the transition to FEI to help communicate the change; however, you may also want to talk to your current counselor to find out if they are an affiliate of FEI.
- If the counselor is already a FEI affiliate you may begin scheduling your sessions to occur on/after July 1st with the same counselor.
- If the counselor is not yet part of FEI’s network, the counselor may work with FEI to become an affiliate so you may continue your sessions with the same counselor on/after July 1st. If your counselor does not become an affiliate of FEI or you wish to see a different counselor, you should call the FEI phone number above for additional assistance.
Privacy is strictly protected within legal limits. Information about your contact with FEI will not be released without your prior consent except in cases of imminent threat of harm or when abuse of a child or vulnerable adult may be occurring.
You may not need assistance now, but if you or a household member needs help in the future, FEI is available. While we expect the transition to FEI to go smoothly, employees will continue to see improvements in processes or resources for the next few months as FEI begins to serve our employees.
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or email@example.com with any questions.