During our third and final week of the Winter Break Fitness Challenge, there were 19 entries submitted by employees who exercised at the Kress! The slip drawn to win a prize for week three is Joan Schaller! Thanks to everyone who participated in this challenge and exercise at the Kress! Also, thanks to the Kress Events Center front desk staff, Jeff Krueger, and Aaron Maternowski for their help in making this challenge happen!
During week two, 23 entries were submitted from employees who exercised at the Kress Events Center! One entry slip was randomly picked to win a prize, and Crystal Williams is the winner for week two! Congratulations! This challenge ends this coming Sunday, January 21st, so there is still time to visit the Kress and enter the drawing! Don’t let the cold weather keep you down – get up and give your body a workout! You’ll be glad you did.
Twenty-nine employees exercised at the Kress Events Center last week during our first week of the Winter Break Fitness Challenge! Great job! One entry slip was randomly picked to win a prize, and Andy Wenig is the winner for week one! Congratulations! There are two more weeks left of the challenge:
- January 8th to 14th
- January 15th to 21st
Grab your tennies and your University ID card and head over to the Kress – you’ll feel better and have more energy this winter, and maybe win a prize!
- CVS Pharmacy (including Target) and certain out-of-state pharmacies will no longer be in-network
- Certain over-the-counter medications will no longer be covered (such as steroid nasal sprays (Flonase®) and medication to treat heartburn (Prilosec®))
- Lumicera and UW Specialty Pharmacy are replacing Diplomat Specialty Pharmacy as the preferred specialty pharmacy. Level 4 preferred drugs (specialty medications) must be filled at one of these pharmacies.
- Serve You is replacing WellDyneRx as the mail order pharmacy. Navitus mailed information to affected members, and we would need to register with Serve You DirectRX Pharmacy Mail Service by calling them at 1-800-481-4940. (Prescriptions that still have refills available will transfer over.)
- New discount drug list– Prescriptions that are not covered by the pharmacy benefit may be available at a discounted rate. This may include drugs for infertility, weight loss, cosmetic or other lifestyle needs as prescribed by your doctor.
- Find in-network pharmacies and formulary lists on the Navitus website, or call Navitus at 1-866-333-2757 with questions.
Tuesday, January 2nd to Sunday, January 21st
It’s BAAACK…the Winter Break Fitness Challenge for faculty and staff returns! Whether you frequent the Kress or have yet to visit, NOW is your time to do so while working towards weekly prizes!
All employees have FREE UNLIMITED access to the Kress Events Center over the Winter Break time period.
- Visit the Kress during business hours and check-in at the front desk (campus ID and a second pair of shoes required)
- Complete an entry slip for the Winter Break Fitness Challenge, and put your slip in the bucket.
- You can complete one entry slip each time you visit the Kress during the Winter Break Fitness Challenge!
- Week one: January 2nd to 7th
- Week two: January 8th to 14th
- Week three: January 15th to 21st
Here are the Kress Events Center hours over winter break:
- Mondays through Fridays: 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturdays: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sundays: 1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
Please note that the Kress Events Center will be closed on Monday, January 15th for Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
What can I do at the Kress? Check out the Kress website at http://www.uwgb.edu/kress/ for some great ideas!
Last year employees submitted 122 entry slips over winter break – let’s see if we can exceed that this year!
The Wellness committee is offering Winter Bingo as our next healthy challenge! All faculty and staff are invited to participate in the challenge the month of January. There are 24 health and wellness activities for you to choose from. You are able to pick the day in which you complete each activity, and only one activity is allowed per day. To qualify for a chance to win a prize, a minimum of 20 activities must be completed within the month of January. Please click here for the Winter bingo card: http://www.uwgb.edu/UWGBCMS/media/hr/Wellness%20Items/Winter-2018-wellness-BingoCard.pdf
Winter Bingo begins January 1, 2018 and ends January 31, 2018. Completed forms can be e-mailed to the Wellness committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or hand-in to the Human Resources front desk in the Cofrin Library, 7th floor, room 710 by Friday, February 9, 2018.
Challenge your co-workers to join in the fun and do some of the activities together! Share pics of you and your co-workers completing the activities by emailing them to email@example.com. Begin the new year by making healthy choices and then enjoy your increased energy level, positive outlook, and improved health in 2018!
State group health insurance program participants: Watch your mail if you changed health plans – your new health insurance ID card will be arriving at your home soon from the health plan you chose during the Annual Benefits Enrollment period. If you did not change health plans, you can continue using your same health insurance ID card. Before seeing your health care providers in 2018, check to make sure they are in-network by visiting your health plan’s online provider directory (Wisconsin map with health care provider directories: http://etf.wi.gov/members/IYC2018/et-2107hpm.asp). Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
The holidays are fast approaching and you might be feeling excited and anxious at the same time. Past experience shows you head back to work after the holidays feeling a bit drained instead of energized. Join us for this webinar for tips on truly celebrating with energy and cheer through the New Year.
Time: 12:00 to 1:00 p.m.
Location: Cofrin Library, 7th floor, room 735
No need to RSVP – just mark your calendar to join us, and bring your lunch!
You could also participate in this webinar at your workstation if you prefer – please visit wellwisconsin.staywell.com and go to Webinars to register.
Wellness webinars highlighting various health and well-being topics will take place the 3rd Wednesday of each month. All webinars will be recorded and available to Well Wisconsin Program participants on the wellness portal after the event date.
To access the wellness portal, you must be an employee, retiree, or enrolled spouse/domestic partner enrolled in the State of Wisconsin or Wisconsin Public Employers Group Health Insurance Program.
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils from plants for their health benefits. Research results on the effectiveness of aromatherapy have been mixed, but it’s possible that aromatherapy works by sending chemical messages to a part of the brain that affects moods and emotions. Perhaps you’ve seen lavender eye masks or pillow sprays that are intended to help you relax and sleep. But lavender isn’t the only scent known for its relaxing properties. Vanilla, valerian, rose, and jasmine are also potential sleep inducers.
Keep in mind that any scent that makes you feel good can help you relax. If you have fond memories of Grandma baking pumpkin pie, a candle with that scent might lull you into slumber. Just be sure to blow it out before you doze off! Also, be careful with scents containing lemon; while research has shown it to be a mood enhancer, it’s also considered to be a stimulant.
Article from the StayWell Company, LLC