The Wellness Committee’s March Madness Challenge can be completed and submitted by March 31st to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your t-shirt size, as all participates will receive a t-shirt for completing the challenge.
Please visit our original blog post HERE.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions.
The Wellness Committee has created a March Madness Challenge for faculty/staff to complete.
This Challenge can be completed by picking activities from 4 different categories and completing them, then choosing which activity you would like to advance to the next round.
Completed forms must be submitted to Wellness@uwgb.edu by March 31st. Please send your t-shirt size, as participants will receive a t-shirt.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PDF: March Madness Wellness Challenge_UWGB Wellness Committee.
Purpose and wellness go hand in hand. But purpose isn’t only an idea…it’s a verb, too.
How do you not only discover your purpose, but take action to actually live it? Join Christine Whelan, Ph.D., and your fellow colleagues for an educational session on Authentic Purpose: Why it Matters and How to Make It Happen.
Dr. Whelan is a clinical professor in the Consumer Science Department of the School of Human Ecology at UW-Madison, where she is known as the “happy professor.” She teaches on topics of purpose, well-being and personal definitions of success through the life course. She’s the author of five books, including The Big Picture: A Guide to Finding Your Purpose in Life.
Instructions for using this educational session as the well-being activity towards your $150 incentive will be shared at the event.
When? Thursday, February 16th Noon CST
How Do I Register?
Click HERE to register for the event. You’ll have the opportunity to register to attend virtually or in person at the Department of Health Services in Madison.
Start off the year with greater clarity about your purpose.
Are you checking your Kindness Calendar every day and doing some of the activities? We hope that this daily reminder is inspiring you to do those little things that make our lives happier!
If you complete at least one item from the Kindness Calendar for each of 4 weeks in April, you can receive a wellness incentive! So, each of the 4 weeks in April, make sure to check off at least one of the items listed for that week. Then email email@example.com after you complete this challenge to receive your incentive!
UW-Green Bay has received 100 full-size 2022 Kindness Calendars as part of UW-System’s wellness initiative! Each day includes an activity/thought/suggestion to help improve your life.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a calendar and we’ll send you one!
- Complete and check off at least 21 of the activities.
- Complete this survey (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ESA2022) to receive your code.
- Enter that code on the Rewards tab at https://webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin/ under “My Reward” and “Employer Sponsored Activity” before October 14, 2022. This would take care of the “Activity” step to get your $150 wellness incentive!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud”
~ Maya Angelou
Have fun with Sustainability Bingo for August and learn sustainable habits. Use the bingo card to keep track of activities you complete. Complete a full row of sustainability activities, cross off the boxes and email firstname.lastname@example.org with a picture of your bingo card to receive a code to self-report your participation in this employer sponsored well-being activity for Well Wisconsin at webmdhealth.com/wellwisconsin. Hopefully, participating in this challenge will encourage you to recognize small actions can make a big difference for our environment.
Deadline to receive a code is September 30, 2021.
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”
Source: Well Wisconsin
Well Wisconsin Radio – Monthly expert interviews on various health topics with professionals around the state.
Sustainable Fishing in Wisconsin
Join your host, Morgan Meinen as she talks with Sharon Moen, Eat Wisconsin Fish Outreach Specialist for the University of Wisconsin Sea Grant. Sharon and Morgan will discuss why some fish choices are more sustainable than others, the health benefits of eating fish, contaminants, fish recipes and more! We hope you’ll tune in!
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021
- Noon – 12:30 PM
Episodes available on demand after the event! Click here to access the Well Wisconsin Radio channel.
Just a reminder, participants would need to listen to two Well Wisconsin Radio shows in order to get credit for the Well-Being Activity. You do not have to listen to the program live in order to get credit – you can listen to the recorded program on the Well Wisconsin portal.
Fill your bucket this summer by doing things that feel good to you! Our Summer Bucket List Challenge has some great ideas or create your own. Set a goal and then get to fillin’ your bucket!
Track your fun for 30 days by checking 10 days off your bucket list. Click here for the form. Email your completed form to email@example.com.
Treat yo’ self!
- Stargaze—contemplate just how amazing life is
- Use PTO to leave work early to do your own thing!
- Enjoy a book or magazine at your favorite cafe
- Tap in to your artistic side with sidewalk chalk
- Take a nap or read in the warm shade
- Say “no” to something that feels stressful
- Say “yes!” to something fun and indulgent
- Relax in the bath, pool, hot tub, lake—you choose
- Sit outside, close your eyes, and just listen
I like to move it, move it!
- Dance to music that moves you
- Beat the heat—get up for an early morning walk/run
- Start your day with yoga in the sunshine
- Walk to do an errand or get a summer treat
- Try a NEW activity—geocaching, paddle boarding, etc.
- Grab a friend and go for a bike ride
- Work in your garden or yard
- Hand wash your car
- Go for a hike and have a picnic
Get ‘er done!
Goals, productivity, professional development
- Get rid of 25 items from your house
- Organize a space—don’t forget before and after photos
- Set one professional or personal goal for the summer
- Don’t check work email when you are on vacation
- Make an emergency/natural disaster plan with family
- Aim for a no-waste week—reduce, reuse, recycle
- Listen to a professional/personal development podcast
- Read an article that will help you toward a goal
- Plan a fall/winter vacation
Weekend ideas with friends and family
- Go camping
- Visit a museum—pose like an exhibit (pictures!)
- Catch a summer blockbuster to escape the heat
- Have fun with animals—zoo, aquarium, or your pet
- Go to an outdoor concert, festival, fair or sports game
- Try an outdoor ropes course or ziplining
- Go to brunch or have a picnic in the park
- Visit a pool, river, lake, or coast for a water adventure
- Tour your local town or a new city you want to see
For the love of full bellies!
Food and drink
- Make a healthy, cool summer treat—share the recipe!
- Organize a progressive dinner with some neighbors
- Enjoy a treat from an ice-cream truck
- Make real homemade lemonade (no powdered stuff!)
- Eat your favorite summer produce—savor every bite
- Have a BBQ and snap a photo of the grill master
- Try a cold summer soup recipe
- Make fruit popsicles
- Pick up fruits and veggies from a farmers’ market
You do you!
Create your own list
This month’s challenge is encouraging everyone to get out and explore our wonderful state parks. The Friends of Wisconsin State Parks have developed a fun event that will challenge visitors to explore the Wisconsin properties in new and fun ways to increase healthy habits, connect with family and friends, and help serve the community.
There are several activities to choose from like hiking, camping, fishing, paddling, photography, and volunteering to help clean the parks. Please go to the site to see all the challenges listed (link below under resources). There is no fee associated with the challenge except for a vehicle admission sticker. Plan to complete it with family members, friends, coworkers or just some alone time outdoors.
The challenge has started and runs through September 22, 2021. Participants need to complete at least one of the challenges in order to get credit for the Well Wisconsin Incentive. Register on the site and download the logbook. When you complete a challenge, log it and email a picture of the logbook to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to learn more about the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks Explore Challenge? Tune in to Well Wisconsin Radio on Tuesday, May 25th from Noon-12:30. Host Morgan Meinen will be interviewing Mike McFadzen and Randall Paske from the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks.
Register here or available on demand after the live air date.
Wis. Friends Explore
WebMD: Health Benefits of Getting Outside