The Human Resources office is lucky to have two great student employees working with us this semester. Adrianna and Jennifer both started with us in the fall and have been doing a great job for us. We wanted you to learn a little more about them so they are our employee spotlight this month.
Name: Jennifer Zastrow
Hometown: Sheboygan Falls
Major/Minor: Human Development/Business Administration
How long have you been a Student at UWGB? 3 years, I will be graduating this spring!
Are you involved in any Student Orgs? Society for Human Resource Management & Healthy Choices Task Force
Personal interests: I enjoy being outdoors, four-wheeling, cooking/baking, shopping, reading, and spending time with friends and family.
Random facts/interests: I will be graduating in 3 years instead of 4!
(Answer any of the following):
– If you could interview one person (dead or alive) who would it be? My grandpa, he died when I was very young and I didn’t get a chance to get to know him.
– If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? Pizza Hut’s boneless wings!
– If you were an animal what would you be? A cat
– If your house was burning down, what’s the one non-living thing you would save? As many clothes as possible!
– Least favorite Food? Onions!
– What did you want to be when growing up? An elementary school teacher
– What do you like to do in your spare time? Read
– What do you like to do on your days off? Spend time with friends and family.
– What is your favorite meal? Anything home cooked
– What is your favorite movie and book? Movie: The Best of Me. Book: Twilight series
– What is your favorite sport? To play Tennis, to watch Football
– What tv show/movie are you ashamed to admit you love? Keeping up with the Kardashians!
– What was your favorite book, toy, or outfit as a child? Dolls, anything dolls I absolutely loved!
– What would you like to be famous for? Making a difference
– What’s on your bucket list? Traveling with my love, getting my dream job, building my own house, having my dog have puppies, learninng how to change my oil.. And many more
– What’s the one thing, you can’t live without? Coffee
– What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten? Frog legs
– Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Settled down, married, with a great job in HR!
– Where is your favorite place to eat? It honestly depends on my mood that day!
– Where would you like to go on a dream vacation? Bora Bora!!!
Name: Adrianna Sosnowska
Hometown: Elblag, Poland
Major: Business Administration with Human Resources and Management Emphasis
Are you involved in any Student Orgs? Phoenix Volleyball
Personal Interests: Sport
My name is Adrianna Sosnowska and I am international student from Poland. I came to the United States during summer 2013. After 10 years of playing volleyball in my home country I got athletic scholarship in small junior college in Kansas where I spent my first two years and earned my associates degree in Business Administration. I had there great time and I also met unforgettable people. During winter 2015 I visited University of Wisconsin at Green Bay for the first time. I fall in love with the campus, Phoenix volleyball team, tunnels and the environment around students. I got lucky enough to get scholarship here for next two years of my education. Right now I am on my second semester of my junior year here at UWGB. I am majoring in Business Administration with Human Resources and Management Emphasis, currently working in the Human Resources of UWGB as an Office Assistant. It’s great to be here, learn second language, meet new people and new culture but I am here by myself which is a little harder than it seems. That’s why after I am finished with my time at Green Bay, after I earn my bachelor degree I am planning to move back to Poland. If you are ever in Europe, please stop by Poland! I am extremely happy that I found my second home because Green Bay isn’t only the home of the Packers but also home for the polish girl named Adrianna.
-Motto or personal mantra?
Never give up!
-If you were an animal what would you be?
I would definitely be a bird, so I can fly to every place I want to.
-What else do you do for fun?
I am a big fun of extreme sports. I’ve done already bungee jumping, water skiing or rock climbing. My next dream goal is to scuba dive.
– What one food do you wish had zero calories?
Definitely Ben & Jerry Ice Cream!
– If your house was burning down, what’s the one non-living thing you would save?
-Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In 5 years I am going to be 27 years old. I see myself as a successful woman, working in a Human Resources field, learning another languages and slowly starting my own family.
-If you could change one thing about working here, what would it be?
Working in the HR office is giving me not only experience, but also sense of security in my life. People who are working here are of course my colleague’s but they are also always here for me which is why I have always smile on my face. So if you are asking me what I would change in this office, my answer would be: completely nothing.
Interested in being featured in next months’ employee spotlight? Know of a colleague you’d like to nominate? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and contact information and we’ll do the rest!