** UPDATE: All in-person, individual, and group retirement appointments will be switched to online or over-the-phone appointments, effective March 16.**
Any employee considering retirement within the next 12 months or any employee within 1 year of minimum retirement age or above (age 50 for protective category employees or age 55 for all other categories), please review the following information.
Are you considering retiring in the near future and meet the qualifications for a WRS retirement benefit? The Department of Employee Trust Funds wants to help! If you are a WRS member nearing retirement, please join us for a group retirement appointment.
During this session, we will discuss the following topics:
This session is for you, if you…
- Are planning to retire in the near future
- Have questions concerning WRS retirement benefits and wish to have them addressed by an ETF specialist
- Want to have a retirement appointment close to home
A participant needs to have a retirement packet to attend these sessions, and you can request a packet when registering.
Group Appointment Options:
- Manitowoc: April 6 at 2:00 PM; April 7 at 9:00 AM
- Sturgeon Bay: April 14 at 1:30 PM; April 15 at 9:00 AM
- Cleveland: May 4 at 2:00 PM
- Green Bay: May 19 at 2:00 PM; May 20 at 9:00 AM; June 16 at 2:00 PM; June 17 at 9:00 AM
- Marinette: June 1 at 2:00 PM; June 2 at 9:00 AM
Location details provided when registering – Limited to 12 participants per session.
Registration Required: Call 1-877-533-5020
ETF is also offering a general Preparing for Your WRS Retirement presentation at Lakeshore Technical College in Cleveland on May 4th at 6:30 pm, in the Centennial Hall (room L177). This presentation is open to all WRS participating employees. No registration required. Join us for this informational presentation and to have your WRS retirement questions answered.
Source: Department of Employee Trust Funds