The Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) Statement of Benefits as of January 1, 2021, is now available on the MyUW portal for employees covered by the WRS in 2020.
To view your statement, log in to the My UW Portal. Launch the Benefit Information app and click on the ETF WRS Statements of Benefits tab.
Your Statement Includes:
- 2020 earnings and service
- Updated creditable service
- Retirement benefit projections (if vested), separation benefit, death benefit
- Primary beneficiary designation(s)
- Employee and Employer WRS contributions:
- For the 2020 plan year, UW System contributed 6.75% of your eligible earnings (for Protectives w/ Social Security the UW System contributed 11.65%)
- For the 2021 plan year, UW System contributes 6.75% of your eligible earnings (for Protectives w/ Social Security the UW System contributes 11.75%)
- An Introductory letter highlighting important statement information
- Explanation of Annual Statement of Benefits
- ETF Statement of Benefits web page
- Live Webinars: Topics include WRS contributions, vesting status, years of service, death benefit and many others. Registration is required:
- Thu., April 22, 2021, 11:30 a.m.
- Mon., April 26, 2021, 6:00 p.m.
- Fri., May 7, 2021, 12:00 p.m.
- Wed., May 12, 2021,12:30 p.m.
- An Invitation to take the Wisconsin Strong Financial Fitness Challenge. The challenge offers free access to financial wellness education, resources, and tools to build financial security.
Review Your Beneficiaries
Review the primary beneficiary(ies) listed on your WRS statement. If there are no beneficiaries listed, you either don’t have a beneficiary designation on file, or your designation was made before 1998 (beneficiaries added before 1998 are not listed on your statement). It is recommended that you complete a Beneficiary Designation Form if a beneficiary is not listed on your statement.
Death benefits are paid according to the most recent valid beneficiary designation form on file with ETF prior to your death. If no beneficiary designation is on file, death benefits will be paid according to the statutory standard sequence in effect on the date of death. Your beneficiary information does not automatically change when you have a significant life event occur, such as a divorce or a marriage. To add, change or remove beneficiaries complete a Beneficiary Designation form (ET-2320) or Beneficiary Designation-Alternate form (ET-2321). Mail your completed beneficiary designation to ETF at the address listed at the top of the form.
Information on the WRS can be found on the UW System Employee Benefits WRS web page. If you have questions about your statement after reviewing available resources, contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: UW System Human Resources