ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of sessions.
5 Basic Steps to Your Retirement: Consider this webinar your quick reference guide to starting the retirement process within the next 12 months. ETF will review: choosing a termination date, how to request a retirement estimate – and how to read and understand it. ETF will also cover how to schedule a retirement appointment and – drum roll here — how to submit the retirement application.
- Thu, Apr 6, 2017 11:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
- Mon, Apr 10, 2017 6:00 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
- Tue, Apr 11, 2017 12:00 p.m.- 12:30 p.m.
- Mon, Apr 24, 2017 11:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
- Thu, Apr 27, 2017 12:30 p.m.- 1:00 p.m.
Beneficiary Designations- What Happens to My Account When I Die: Do you have a beneficiary designation on file with ETF and does it reflect how you would want your WRS death benefits paid? This webinar reviews the importance of having a beneficiary designation on file and keeping it updated as life events occur. We will also review how to correctly complete a designation form, what it means if you do not have one on file with ETF, and how to request a copy of your current form.
- Thu, Apr 6, 2017 6:00 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
- Mon, Apr 10, 2017 11:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
- Tue, Apr 18, 2017 12:30 p.m.- 1:00 p.m.
- Thu, Apr 27, 2017 11:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
How to Use ETF’s Online Calculator to Estimate a Retirement Benefit: ETF’s online retirement calculator, one of the most-used tools on our website, allows you to calculate an unofficial projection of your WRS retirement benefit at any point in the future. This webinar will cover where to find and how to use the calculator, specific information required for data entry (e.g., desired retirement date, spouse or partner’s birthdate, etc.) and how to interpret the results.
- Wed, Apr 5, 2017 12:00 p.m.- 12:30 p.m.
- Wed, Apr 19, 2017 6:00 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
- Thu, Apr 20, 2017 11:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
- Fri, Apr 28, 2017 11:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m
Newly Retired? What to Expect: The Newly Retired Webinar provides basic information for Wisconsin Retirement System members who have recently entered or are soon to enter retirement status. Topics include initial (“estimated”) retirement annuity payments, “finalized” payments and adjustments, post-retirement life and health insurance, and return to work rules under the WRS.
- Tue, Mar 21, 2017 11:30 a.m.- 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, Apr 6, 2017 12:30 p.m.- 1:00 p.m.
- Tue, Apr 18, 2017 11:00 a.m.- 11:30 a.m.
- Mon, Apr 24, 2017 12:00 p.m.- 12:30 p.m.
- Tue, Apr 25, 2017 6:00 p.m.- 6:30 p.m.
Understanding Your Annual WRS Statement of Benefits: Join us as we review key things you can find out about your WRS benefits, simply just by reading and understanding your WRS annual Statement of Benefits. Some topics we will review include:
- How much you and your employer have contributed to your WRS pension
- Your vesting status and years of service
- Your beneficiary designation – what happens to your account if you die before taking a benefit
Tip: Have your statement in hand while attending this webinar.
- Fri, Apr 21, 2017 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tue, Apr 25, 2017 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Wed, Apr 26, 2017 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
WRS Employee Benefits Seminars: Whether you are just beginning your career under the Wisconsin Retirement System or close to retirement, join us for an ETF-hosted presentation on WRS employee benefits. In this two-hour, evening seminar we thoroughly review benefit basics, the Core and Variable Trust Funds and things to know and do to maximize your benefits as you move through your career. Those within five years or so of retirement will appreciate hearing about WRS annuity options, return-to-work rules, post-retirement annuity adjustments and much more.
- Tue, Apr 4, 2017 6:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.
- Wed, Apr 26, 2017 6:30 p.m.- 8:30 p.m.
Register for a Webinar
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.