This position reports to the Executive Director of Continuing Education and Extension and coordinates and manages the planning and execution of Summer Camps while also supporting the Conference intake in the Division of Outreach and Extension. In addition, this position is the liaison and supervises the Lifelong Learning Institute program. The Director of Camps and Conferences is also responsible for the hiring and supervision of seasonal employees, students, volunteers, and camp instructors. This position supervises two University staff members who provide support to the programs.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
* Develop and deliver an array of summer camps for middle school and high school audiences.
* Develop long-term planning for camps at UW-Green Bay in coordination with Outreach and departments.
* Hire, schedule, and supervise seasonal employees for camps, including Head Counselor’s Office.
* Develop and maintain marketing efforts to recruit campers.
* Hire and schedule faculty and ad hoc instructors.
* Contract for internal and external camp organizations.
* Develop and manage budgets for summer camps.
* Develop relationships for third party summer camps to utilize the facilities.
* Book, schedule, and maintain great customer service for third party camps.
* Serve as the liaison to the Lifelong Learning Institute (LLI) Board.
* Advise the Curriculum, Communications, Finance, Social, and Volunteer Development Committees.
* Work with LLI Program and Risk Management to ensure policies and procedures are being adhered.
* Develop and manage budgets for these programs.
* Contract for Off Campus Venues and quarterly events.
* Develop and maintain marketing efforts to recruit instructors, volunteers, and members.
* Train Program Coordinators, Committee Chairs, and Volunteers.
* Respond to requests regarding conference support.
* Develop agreements between Outreach and Extension to provide support
For more information and position responsibilities, please see the full position announcement.
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Wednesday, December 7, 2016.