Last year, JCOER approved a 2021-2023 pay plan for UW System employees, which provides a base rate increase to all eligible employees of 2% in FY22 and 2% in FY23. At this time, the Office of Human Resources is taking measures to prepare for the second 2% pay plan increase for eligible employees, which will be effective on January 1, 2023.
During the next month, we will be determining which employees are eligible for pay plan under the UW-Green Bay Compensation and Pay Plan Policy. Eligible employees for the proposed FY 2022 pay plan include faculty, academic staff, limited, university staff, and university staff project appointments in ongoing positions with a budgeted FTE of 50% or greater. Pursuant to the UW-Green Bay Compensation and Pay Plan Policy, SYS 1278: UW System Pay Plan Distribution Framework, and other publicized guidelines, the following list represents employees who would be ineligible for pay plan:
- Employees paid from provisional, non-budgeted salary lines, including all temporary appointments and positions less than 50% FTE.
- Employees represented by a collective bargaining agreement (CBA). Respective pay increases for pay plan will be negotiated separately through the CBA.
- Employees currently under a performance improvement plan (PIP).
- Employees with performance which does not merit eligibility for pay plan, per their most recent performance evaluation.
- Ongoing employees with three-months of service or less as of the effective date of pay plan (those with a start date after 9/30/2022).
- Faculty, Academic Staff, and Limited employees without a current Outside Activities Report (OAR) on file
- Employees who have not completed required campus compliance trainings. Required trainings include:
- Sexual Harassment (Title IX) (Required every three years)
- Information Security Awareness (Required annually)
- Mandated Reporter (One-time training required at time of hire)
- Injury and Illness Prevention (EDU) (One-time training required at time of hire)
- FERPA Basics (One-time training required at time of hire)
- Tools for an Ethical Workplace (One-time training required at time of hire)
- Campus Security Authority Training (required annually for employees designated as Campus Security Authority (CSA) only)
- Supervisors who do not have completed, up to date evaluations on file and OAR forms approved for all of their direct reports. The performance evaluation periods to assess for FY23 pay plan are as follows:
- University Staff: 1/1/2021 – 12/31/2021 (and probationary evaluations as applicable)
- Non-Instructional Academic Staff / Limited: 7/1/2020 – 6/30/2021 (and 6-month evaluations as applicable) – please note that we are using last year’s evaluation due to the AS/LI evaluation calendar change
- Faculty / Instructional Academic Staff: 2020-2021 Academic Year (these annual evaluations were due in early spring, 2022)
In order to be eligible for the proposed pay plan, required trainings, OAR forms, and performance evaluations must be complete by November 30, 2022.
During October and November, the HR Office will be sending reminders to employees any missing training and/or performance evaluation requirements. You will only receive emails from our office if you are missing something. Please make sure to be looking out for these emails over the next month. Our timeline of communications is outlined below:
|Week of October 17th||Initial Communications
|Week of November 7th||Reminder Communications
|November 28th||Final Reminder Communications
|November 30th||Deadline for completion of trainings and return of evaluations and OAR forms|
|Late December/Early January||UW Shared Services will send out notices to employees communicating their individual pay plan increase.|
If you have questions about the FY 2023 pay plan, please feel free to contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (920) 465-2390.