As the end of 2017 approaches, make sure your current address is up-to-date for W-2 Tax Form distribution and take time to read about important reminders for your 2018 Benefit enrollments.
In late January 2018, your 2017 W-2 Form will be sent via U.S. mail to your mailing address as listed in the MyUW portal. If you do not have a mailing address, your W-2 will be mailed to your home address. If neither address is in the MyUW portal, your W-2 will be mailed to your office address.
To ensure your W-2 Form is sent to your preferred address, follow these steps:
- Log in to the MyUW portal for UW System institutions.
- Launch the Personal Information module to view your current mailing and/or home address. If the address you prefer for W-2 Form distribution is not displayed, update your mailing and/or home address.
- To update your address, click on the Update my Personal Information link in the Personal Information module. For instructions on updating your address: https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/help/personal-information.php
- If you want to update your office address, you must contact your human resources office.
- Update your address by the January 5, 2018 deadline in order for your W-2 to be mailed to the address you prefer.
Changing your address in the portal will not change your address for all of the benefit plans in which you are currently enrolled. For instructions on how to change your address for your benefit plans visit: Change in Name or Address.
In addition to the hard copy W-2 Form that you will receive, an online copy of your W-2 Form will be available in late January in the MyUW portal Payroll Information module in the Tax Statements tab.
If you have questions, contact your human resources office.