As determined by Chancellor Alexander, commencing July 1, 2020 and continuing through December 31, 2020, UWGB will implement workforce-wide furloughs for all ongoing employees for the purpose of reducing overall institutional expenses in anticipation of reduced program revenue and loss of state funding.
On Friday, June 19th, employees received an email from Human Resources with designation of their individual number of furlough days. As indicated within the notice, employees will be required to record their intermittent furlough dates via their My UW Portal.
Additional instructions for furlough entry based on employee classification:
University Staff and Academic Staff Hourly (Employees paid on a Bi-weekly basis):
Non-Instructional Academic Staff and Limited (Employees paid on a Monthly basis):
- Instructions: https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/docs/covid19/Furlough_timesheet_entry_monthly.pdf
- Items to note for employees paid on a monthly basis:
- You will need to complete a bi-weekly timesheet for the week you are on intermittent furlough
- The biweekly timesheet entry has different deadlines than monthly leave reporting (biweekly timesheet entry deadlines: https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/docs/covid19/timesheet_entry_deadline_2020.pdf, so you may need to enter your intermittent furlough day before the end of the month
- You will still need to enter your monthly leave report as usual for the month. A “no leave taken report” should still be entered if only furlough days were taken within the month.
- You will only need to enter hours on the timesheet for the week that you have the furlough day – not both weeks (example below).
- If your appointment is less than full-time, please enter the hours per day on the timesheet according to your FTE. For example, if your FTE is 75%, you can enter 6 hours in the quantity field.
Instructional Academic Staff and Faculty (Employees paid on month basis, 9-Month):
- Instructions: https://uwservice.wisconsin.edu/docs/publications/Monthly_furlough_entry_d-t-l_tipsheet.pdf
- Items to note:
- Entering furlough does not meet the requirement to enter time used or no leave taken for the month. You will still need to enter your monthly leave report as usual for the month.
As a reminder, employees will be furloughed November 27, 2020 (Day after Thanksgiving) and all campus locations will be closed for business on that date. Furlough time entry will still need to be completed for this day following the procedures above.
Information for Supervisors on how to approve time entry for employees on intermittent furlough can be found by clicking here.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or (920) 465-2390 with any questions.