- 1 pound apples (3 medium-sized)
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or 2 packets artificial sweetener
- 1/2 cup water
- Peel and core apples.
- Chop apples and put into a microwave-safe dish with cranberries. Add water.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Stir in sugar (or sweetener) and mash with a fork to desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and serve cold.
Serves 6 (gluten-free)
Each serving (with sugar) contains about 42 calories, 11 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 0 g protein, 0 g fat, 0 mg cholesterol, and 0 mg sodium.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC