The Wellness Committee recognizes how crucial eating well is to staying healthy. Countless studies show the value of increasing our vegetable and fruit intake, including increased energy and reduced risk for certain diseases and types of cancers. Set a goal for yourself to eat more vegetables and fruits – take good care of your body and you will feel the positive results!
Garden to Doorstep Organics, LLC is a local family business that delivers fresh organic fruits and veggies each week. They will be on campus on Thursday, May 17th at 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at a table in the Union near the entrance to the Leona Cloud Commons across from the Phoenix Bookstore. They will bring a box of produce to display so you can see in person what the boxes are like. They will provide information about their program and answer any questions you have. Please stop by and be entered in a drawing for a free box of produce!
- Each week there is a different variety of 100% organic produce
- Two types of boxes available (Fruit/Veggie Combo boxes or Fruit only boxes)
- Three sizes of each type of box available (you pick the size that best fits your family)
- Each week you will know which produce is planned for your box. You will also receive a newsletter each week with recipes using the produce in that box and tips on how to store each item.
- They work with local farmers and wholesalers to provide organic produce year round.
- You pay for your boxes with automatic payments through PayPal, by check or with cash.
- Boxes will be delivered to campus on Tuesdays to Rose Hall, room 320 for you to pick up (NOTE: if you aren’t on campus over the summer, they will deliver to your home for free, as long as you live in their delivery area)
Please contact them with any questions at (920) 385-3253 or email@example.com
- Garden to Doorstep website: http://www.gardentodoorsteporganics.com/
- Letter about Garden to Doorstep and their 3 month produce resolution for UWGB:
- Sample newsletter: