Consider making the simple recipe below today! You can make this tasty dish without added fat or salt. Your whole body—not just your taste buds—could thank you.
- 2 (1 lb.) large potatoes, peeled, quartered
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 cloves garlic, large, chopped
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- Cook potatoes, covered, in small amount of boiling water for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Drain and recover.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan over low heat, cook garlic in milk until soft (about 30 minutes).
- Add milk-garlic mixture and white pepper to potatoes. Beat with electric mixer on low speed, or mash with potato masher, until smooth.
Yield: 4 servings.
Each serving provides: Calories: 142, Total fat: <1 g, Saturated fat: <1 g, Cholesterol: 2 mg, Sodium: 69 mg, Total fiber: 2 g, Protein: 6 g, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Potassium: 577 mg
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC