Attention Employees covered under the Wisconsin Retirement System
See below for the Department of Employee Trust Funds (ETF) information regarding their upcoming webinars during the month of May.
Live Webinars Scheduled for May
ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions. Please click on the following link to visit ETF’s webinar page to learn more about any of the following sessions.
WRS Effective Rates and Annuity Adjustments Do WRS accounts receive an investment return? Do investment returns affect how much a retiree will initially receive when they begin their pension? Do those retired in the WRS receive adjustments to their monthly pension amount over the years? This webinar will cover the process of how account effective rates and annuity adjustments are calculated, starting with the investment return reported by the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Also covered during the webinar will be explanations of both the Core and Variable Trust Funds and the calculations specific to each fund for effective rates and annual adjustments. At the end of this webinar, it is hoped that you will have a better grasp on how State of Wisconsin Investment Board investment returns affect your WRS pension.
- Wednesday May 13, 2015 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday May 21, 2015 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
Returning to Work After Retirement Whether retired or planning to retire, do you need information about what happens if you decide to work again? This webinar is for you. 2013 Act 20, which was effective July 2, 2013 made some important changes to laws that affect retired WRS members planning to return to work. This webinar covers the old law as well as the changes that provided by Act 20.
- Tuesday May 05, 2015 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday May 14, 2015 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday May 21, 2015 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Additional Contributions Find out how making additional contributions to your WRS account can potentially increase your retirement. This webinar also provides examples of how contributions grow over time with interest, how to pay additional contributions (payroll deduction or direct pay), etc.
- Wednesday May 06, 2015 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday May 12, 2015 11:30 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
- Thursday May 14, 2015 12:30 – 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday May 20, 2015 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
10 Key Things to Know About Your Statement of Benefits Join us as we review 10 key things you can find out about your WRS benefits just by reading and understanding your annual WRS Statement of Benefits. Some items we will review include:
- How much you and your employer have contributed to your WRS pension
- Your vesting status and years of service
- Your beneficiary designation – what happens to your account if you die before taking a benefit
- Thursday May 7, 2015 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday May 19, 2015 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday May 20, 2015 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Please click below to register:
Register for a webinar
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or email@example.com with any questions.