ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions. Visit our webinar page to learn more about any of the following sessions. Here is what others have said about our webinars:
“My participation in the webinar was a first for me, and I just want to compliment you on how easy it was to connect, follow along, and provide questions or requests. Excellent job!”
“Thanks for having these valuable webinars. The professional but conversational style helped me to understand the presentation as easily as an “in office” meeting. Really appreciate that the presenter fully understands the subject. Wonderful job.”
When you get your retirement estimate, you’ll see that there are many options for receiving your retirement benefit. You can choose to receive the payment for your life or extend it beyond your life to your loved ones. The choice is yours. We’ll discuss how each option impacts the size of your payment and affects your loved ones. By the end of this presentation, you will be able to:
- Define and explain annuity, annuitant, beneficiary and named survivor.
- Compare the different annuity options.
- Find resources with more information.
- Identify the next steps for you to choose an annuity option.
Thu, June 3, 2021 11:00 a.m. -11:30 a.m.
Wed, June 9, 2021 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Thu, June 24, 2021 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
To register, go to: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/1522473274882266639
You may increase your retirement benefit by buying service if you have worked for:
- Other government employers.
- The WRS and taken a separation benefit.
- The types of service you can buy.
- How and when you can buy service.
- An online tool that lets you see how much buying service can increase your retirement benefit.
Fri, June 4, 2021 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Tue, June 8, 2021 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Mon, June 14, 2021 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
To register, go to: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/8479752946403782927
Newly Retired? What to Expect
When you first retire you may experience several changes. We’ll help prepare you for some of these changes by discussing:
- When and how to change your retirement benefit payment option.
- When you’ll receive tax information.
- What mailings you will receive.
- Why your monthly payment may change.
- Rules you must follow if you return to work for a position under the WRS.
Thu, June 10, 2021 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Wed, June 16, 2021 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Wed, June 30, 2021 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
To register, go to: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/9085128655494175247
Does putting money in the Variable Fund make sense for you? You and your employer put money in to your WRS account to save for your future. The money in your account is then invested to increase your savings.
By default, your money goes into the Core Fund, but you can choose to put half your money into the Variable Fund.
By the end of this presentation, you will be able to:
- Define Variable Trust Fund and explain how it works.
- Analyze how the Variable Fund can affect your retirement benefit.
- Elect to join or cancel the Variable Fund.
Mon, June 7, 2021 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Thu, June 24, 2021 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Wed, June 30, 2021 1:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
To register, go to: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/8788898232738211855
Preparing for Your Retirement
Planning to retire in the next 1-10 years? Then this webinar is for you.
- The money you and your employer have put towards your retirement account.
- How your retirement account grows through investments.
- When you can retire.
- Options for receiving your retirement benefit
- Rules you must follow if you return to work after retiring.
- What happens to your account after you die.
- Changes to your health and life insurance in retirement.
Learn in a way that fits your schedule. Attend this presentation in a live webinar!
Fri, June 11, 2021 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Mon, Jun 21, 2021 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Wed, Jul 14, 2021 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Wed, Jul 28, 2021 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
To register, go to: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/2273159340156240144