Each year, all faculty, academic staff, and limited appointees with appointments of half-time or more are responsible for reporting Outside Activities (according to Board of Regent and UW System guidelines, UWS Chapter 8.025, and the Wisconsin Administrative Code).
Similar to last year, requests and notices will come to employees from UW-Shared Services (UWSystemHR@uwss.wisconsin.edu), and eligible employees will submit their OAR form online through their My UW Portal.
On or around April 4, all employees required to submit an Outside Activity Report (OAR) will receive a message from UW System with instructions to complete the OAR. The OAR will need to be completed by the employee and approved by the supervisor. Following the initial notice, employees will receive reminders throughout the month.
Please see below for additional information:
- Employee tip sheet for submitting OARs: uwservice.wisconsin.edu/docs/publications/outside_activity_reporting_tipsheet.pdf
- Supervisors will receive a notification when they have an Outside Activity Report ready to approve. Tip Sheet for approving OARs: uwservice.wisconsin.edu/docs/publications/hr-review-oar.pdf
- All OARs must be completed/filed and approved by April 30, 2022.
For more information about OARs (including helpful videos), please see the UW System Conflicts of Interest and Outside Activities website.
The Code of Conduct and Employee Relationships with Educational Loan Lenders policies will also be delivered to your mailboxes from firstname.lastname@example.org during the month of April with a reminder to familiarize yourself with these policies.
If you have questions while using the process or need technical support, please contact email@example.com.
Resources relevant to this message include:
- Conflicts of Interests and Outside Activities web page
- Outside Activity Reporting, Ch. UWS 8, Wisconsin Administrative Code
- Code of Ethics, SYS 1290
- Guidelines for Reporting Outside Activities Under UWS 8.025
- Code of Conduct, Regent Policy Document 20-22
- Institutional and Employee Relationships with Educational Loan Lenders, Regent Policy Document 13-4