Last spring, Governor Evers included a proposed 2021-2023 pay plan for UW System employees within the state budget, which would provide a base rate increase to all eligible employees of 2% in FY22 and 2% in FY23. At this time, the Joint Committee on Employment Relations (JCOER) has not yet voted on the pay plan. That group has final determination on the amount and timeline for pay plan distribution, and thus it is not finalized. However, as we have done in past years, we will be taking measures to prepare for a potential pay plan increase for eligible employees pending JCOER approval.
During the next month, we will be determining which employees are eligible for pay plan under the UW-Green Bay Compensation and Pay Plan Policy. Eligible employees for the proposed FY 2022 pay plan include faculty, academic staff, limited, university staff, and university staff project appointments in ongoing positions with a budgeted FTE of 50% or greater. Pursuant to the UW-Green Bay Compensation and Pay Plan Policy and other publicized guidelines, the following list represents employees who would be ineligible for pay plan:
- Employees paid from provisional, non-budgeted salary lines, including all temporary appointments and positions less than 50% FTE.
- Employees represented by a collective bargaining agreement (CBA). Respective pay increases for pay plan will be negotiated separately through the CBA.
- Employees currently under a performance improvement plan.
- Employees deemed “unsatisfactory” or “does not meet expectations” in overall level of performance under their most recent performance evaluation.
- Ongoing employees with six-months of service or less as of the effective date of pay plan (start date after 6/30/2021)
- Employees who have not completed required campus compliance training. Required trainings include:
- Harassment & Discrimination Prevention (Required every three years)
- Checkpoint: Data Security & Privacy (Required annually)
- Protect Children (EDU-WI) (One-time training required at time of hire)
- Injury and Illness Prevention (EDU) (One-time training required at time of hire)
- FERPA Basics (One-time training required at time of hire)
- Touchstone: Tools for an Ethical Workplace (One-time training required at time of hire)
- Campus Security Authority Training (for employees designated as Campus Security Authority (CSA) only)
- Supervisors who do not have completed, up to date evaluations on file for all of their direct reports. The evaluation periods to assess for FY 2021 pay plan are as follows:
- University Staff: 1/1/2020 – 12/31/2020
- Non-Instructional Academic Staff / Limited: 7/1/2020 – 6/30/2021
- Faculty / Instructional Academic Staff: 2019/2020 Academic Year
In order to be eligible for the proposed pay plan, eligibility requirements (specifically the required trainings and performance evaluations) must be complete by November 30, 2021.
Human Resources will be assessing eligibility of employees. During the month of November, the HR Office will be sending reminders to employees and Dean/Division Leaders of any missing training and/or performance evaluation requirements. Please make sure to be looking out for these emails over the next month.
If you have questions about the proposed FY 2022 pay plan, please feel free to contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 465-2390.