from Crystal Williams
- 1 large head cauliflower cut into small flowerets
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. celery, sliced
- 3 cups mushrooms (optional; I used 1/2 this much)
- 1/4 c. pecans, roughly chopped (toast 5 minutes)
- 1/2 tsp. dried sage
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. thyme salt pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drizzle cauliflower with avocado oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, add the ghee and cook sausage.
- Remove from pan with slotted spoon to separate dish.
- Add onions to pan and cook for 5-10 minutes until lightly caramelized.
- Add celery and cook to soften, then add garlic, cook a minute more. (Add more ghee if needed)
- Add herbs, add the sausage and roasted cauliflower to the pan. Toss together to heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving bowl and serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Note from Crystal: I thought it tasted pretty good but it didn’t sing the praises of my daughter making the original recipe. With the leftovers, I made it into soup.
Roasted Vegetables with Acorn Squash
from Sara Chaloupka
- Variety of vegetables – we used red cabbage, Brussel sprouts, carrots, bell pepper, and acorn squash (peeled)
- Olive oil
- Favorite spices and seasonings
- Cut up all produce into bite size pieces.
- Drizzles spices with oil and seasonings.
- Roast in oven.
Note from Sara: I roast vegetables often, but never thought to roast squash until this week. I did not see this ‘Fall Food Challenge’ until today, so unfortunately I did not get a picture of it. I can tell you that it was delicious though!