ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions. Visit our webinar page to learn more about any of the following sessions. Here is what others have said about our webinars:
“My participation in the webinar was a first for me, and I just want to compliment you on how easy it was to connect, follow along, and provide questions or requests. Excellent job!”
“Thanks for having these valuable webinars. The professional but conversational style helped me to understand the presentation as easily as an “in office” meeting. Really appreciate that the presenter fully understands the subject. Wonderful job.”
5 Basic Steps to Your Retirement
Consider this webinar your quick reference guide to starting the retirement process within the next 12 months. We’ll review: choosing a termination date, how to request a retirement estimate – and how to read and understand it. We’ll also cover how to schedule a retirement appointment and – drum roll here – how to submit the retirement application.
- Fri, July 10, 2020 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wed, July 15, 2020 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, July 23, 2020 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Wed, July 29, 2020 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
To register, go to: https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/4847994564325705999
Beneficiary Designations – What Happens to My Account When I Die?
Do you have a beneficiary designation on file with ETF and does it reflect how you’d want your WRS death benefits paid? This webinar reviews the importance of having a beneficiary designation on file and keeping it updated as life events occur. We’ll also review the process of how to correctly complete a designation form, what it means if you do not have one on file with ETF, and how to request a copy of your current form.
- Tue, July 7, 2020 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tue, July 14, 2020 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Mon, July 20, 2020 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Thu, July 30, 2020 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Overview of the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
This webinar will cover participation in the WRS, vesting requirements, how the WRS is funded and benefits available under the WRS. Also included is a brief overview of the Core and Variable Trust Funds and how the WRS is structured.
- Thu, July 2, 2020 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Thu, July 9, 2020 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Fri, July 24, 2020 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tue, July 28, 2020 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
To register, go to: https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/2337923867322464783
Understanding Your Annual WRS Statement of Benefits
Your annual Statement of Benefits provides a summary of your Wisconsin Retirement System account information. Join us to learn more about the important topics addressed on your statement including:
- How much you and your employer have contributed to your WRS pension
- Your vesting status and years of service
- Your beneficiary designation – what happens to your account if you die before taking a benefit
*** It is helpful to have your Statement of Benefits with you while participating in the webinar.
- Wed, July 8, 2020 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
To register, go to: https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/4088832361488024588
Preparing for Your Retirement
Who should attend? Employees who are planning to retire in the next 1 – 10 years. Learn about your steps to retire with the WRS. Attend this event by live webinar! You will learn about the impact of contributions and investment returns on your account, when you can retire, your WRS annuity options, returning to work after you retire, what happens to your account when you die, health and life insurance, and more. Questions are welcome during and after the event!
- Thu, July 9, 2020 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, July 23, 2020 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Thu, Aug 6, 2020 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Mon, Aug 17, 2020 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Tue, Sep 1, 2020 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thu, Sep 17, 2020 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
To register, go to: https://register.gotowebinar.com/rt/2062561071726664450