Sneezes, coughs and handshakes aren’t the only way to spread illness-causing germs. Viruses like COVID-19 can linger around your home, too.
8 AREAS TO CLEAN WHILE QUARANTINED
- Smartphones and tablets: Clean frequently with disinfecting wipes.
- Doorknobs and light switches: Disinfect them using 4 teaspoons of bleach per quart of water.
- Cutting boards: Wash acrylic, plastic, glass and wood boards in the dishwasher.
- Toys: Wipe or dunk toys in a diluted bleach solution (see above), and then let stand for three to five minutes before rinsing with clean water.
- Dishrags and hand towels: Machine-wash rags often using the hot cycle and replace sponges frequently.
- Sinks: Wash frequently with hot, soapy water.
- Pillowcases and sheets: Wash regularly in hot water and detergent.
- Computer mice and keyboards: Wash your hands frequently and wipe the mouse and keyboard down with antiseptic pads.
Source: The StayWell Company, LLC