A 3-ounce serving of the best steak possible is the centerpiece of this large salad. Cook the steak on an indoor, 2-sided contact electric grill.
- About 1 pound New York strip steak, about 1 inch thick
- 6 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 2/3 cup slivered red onion
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 2 cups steamed and chilled broccoli florets
Heat grill to high. Rub a New York strip steak with crushed black pepper. Grill steak to desired doneness—about 5 minutes for rare (internal temperature of about 130°F) to 8 minutes for well-done (160°F). Let steak rest before slicing.
Arrange vegetables on 4 dinner plates. Spray lightly with olive oil and vinegar or use a light bottled vinaigrette dressing. Slice steak on a diagonal, trimming any fat. Divide equally among salad plates. Top with herbed horseradish cream sauce and serve.
Without the salad dressing, each serving contains about 270 calories, 28 g protein, 14 g fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 4 g fiber, 94 mg sodium, and 9 g carbohydrates.