ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions. Visit ETF’s webinar page to learn more about any of the following sessions.
5 Basic Steps to Your Retirement
Consider this webinar your quick reference guide to starting the retirement process within the next 12 months. ETF will review: choosing a termination date, how to request a retirement estimate – and how to read and understand it. ETF will also cover how to schedule a retirement appointment and – drum roll here — how to submit the retirement application.
- Thu, May 2, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Tue, May 7, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wed, May 15, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Fri, May 24, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Find out how making additional contributions to your WRS account can potentially increase your retirement. This webinar also provides examples of how contributions grow over time with interest, how to pay additional contributions (payroll deduction or direct pay), etc.
- Fri, May 3, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mon, May 6, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Mon, May 13, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thu, May 23, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Understanding Your Annual WRS Statement of Benefits
Join ETF as they review key things you can find out about your WRS benefits, simply just by reading and understanding your WRS annual Statement of Benefits. Some topics ETF will review include:
- How much you and your employer have contributed to your WRS pension
- Your vesting status and years of service
- Your beneficiary designation – what happens to your account if you die before taking a benefit
Tip: Have your statement in hand while attending this webinar.
- Wed, May 1, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wed, May 8, 2019 10:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
- Tue, May 14, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
WRS Annuity Adjustments and Effective Rates
Do WRS accounts receive an investment return? Do investment returns affect how much a retiree will initially receive when they begin their pension? Do those retired in the WRS receive adjustments to their monthly pension amount over the years? This webinar will cover the process of how account effective rates and annuity adjustments are calculated, starting with the investment return reported by the State of Wisconsin Investment Board. Also covered during the webinar will be explanations of both the Core and Variable Trust Funds and the calculations specific to each fund for effective rates and annual adjustments. At the end of this webinar, it is hoped that you will have a better grasp on how State of Wisconsin Investment Board investment returns affect your WRS pension.
- Wed, May 1, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Thu, May 9, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Fri, May 17, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wed, May 29, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.