- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms
- 8 oz. lump crabmeat
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced onions
- 1 tbsp. skim milk
- 4 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese (Neuchâtel), softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Brush mushrooms to remove any soil that may be clinging to them. Rinse under cool water and drain. Trim stems and chop finely.
- Rinse crabmeat and pick over to make sure there are no shells or cartilage.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add mushrooms and onions. Cook until mushrooms give up moisture and onions are translucent.
- Add milk and cream cheese and stir until creamy.
- Add crabmeat. Stir gently to keep lumps.
- Remove from heat and stir in parsley.
- Spoon into mini phyllo cups—green spinach ones look especially pretty with the white crab—and serve.
Makes 4 servings
Each serving of the crab filling contains about 182 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 20 mg cholesterol), 317 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g dietary fiber, 2 g sugars, and 16 g protein.
Options: Garnish with chopped red pepper for extra color or a shot of Tabasco for spiciness.
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC