The Wellness Committee recognizes how crucial eating well is to staying healthy. Countless studies show the value of increasing our vegetable and fruit intake, including increased energy and reduced risk for certain diseases and types of cancers. Set a goal for yourself to eat more vegetables and fruits – take good care of your body and you will feel the positive results!
Garden to Doorstep Organics, LLC is a local family business that delivers fresh organic fruits and veggies each week, and they have been delivering boxes to UW-Green Bay since early summer. They will have a box of fresh organic fruits and vegetables on display at the Benefits and Wellness Fair on Tuesday, October 9th, so you can see how much and what is included in a produce box. Please stop by the Wellness Committee table at the fair, and be entered in a drawing to win that free box of produce!
Here are some details:
- Each week there is a different variety of 100% organic produce
- Two types of boxes available (Fruit/Veggie Combo boxes or Fruit only boxes)
- Three sizes of each type of box available (you pick the size that best fits your family)
- Each week you will know which produce is planned for your box. You will also receive a newsletter each week with recipes using the produce in that box and tips on how to store each item. (sample newsletter)
- They work with local farmers and wholesalers to provide organic produce year round.
- You pay for your boxes with automatic payments through PayPal, by check or with cash.
- Boxes are delivered to campus on Tuesdays to Rose Hall, room 320 for you to pick up (NOTE: if you aren’t on campus over the summer, they will deliver to your home for free, as long as you live in their delivery area)
Please contact them with any questions at (920) 385-3253 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Garden to Doorstep website: http://www.gardentodoorsteporganics.com/
They currently have a Healthy Living Dedication Promotion where you sign up for at least three months and receive some extras (click here for details). Please sign up by Thursday, October 18th by clicking on one of these links:
Three sizes of boxes available: