Live Webinars Scheduled for June
ETF is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions. Visit our webinar page to learn more about any of the following sessions.
Variable Fund In this webinar we will discuss the Variable Fund – what it is, how it differs from the Core Fund, and the effect participation in this fund may have on your retirement benefit calculations. We will also discuss how to elect to participate in the Variable Fund, how to cancel Variable participation, and the impact the timing of these decisions may have on your Wisconsin Retirement System benefits.
- Friday June 05, 2015, 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Tuesday June 09, 2015, 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday June 25, 2015, 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
Buying Service If you are eligible to purchase service, doing so would increase your retirement or disability benefit. Find out how by viewing this webinar. We’ll cover the types of service you may be able to buy, how and when you can buy service, and much more. Eligible types of service include service earned during prior WRS covered employment and forfeited through a separation benefit and some types of service earned with other government employers.
- Thursday June 04, 2015, 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Wednesday June 10, 2015, 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday June 11, 2015, 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- Monday June 22, 2015, 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
Annuity Options Choosing a WRS annuity option is one of the most important decisions you will face. This webinar will cover all of the WRS annuity options and help you understand them so that you can make an informed decision. We will also explain the important differences between a beneficiary and a named survivor.
- Wednesday June 10, 2015, 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Monday June 15, 2015, 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday June 25, 2015, 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Wisconsin Retirement System New and Mid-Career Benefits These one-hour, webinars are designed for WRS members who are more than five years from retirement. ETF provides accurate information about WRS benefits early in a member’s career so that they can make sound, strategic decisions over the course of their careers. Topics covered at each presentation include vesting requirements, various ways to enhance a WRS retirement benefit, purchasing service, military service credit, the Core and Variable Trust Funds, contribution rates, the importance of a beneficiary form and how to complete one, and how “life event” changes affect retirement benefits.
- Wednesday June 10, 2015, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday June 16, 2015, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday June 18, 2015, 10:00 – 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday June 24, 2015, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Monday June 29, 2015, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
5 Basic Steps to Your Retirement Consider this webinar your quick reference guide to starting the retirement process within the next 12 months. We’ll review: choosing a termination date, how to request a retirement estimate – and how to read and understand it. We’ll also cover how to schedule a retirement appointment and – drum roll here — how to submit the retirement application
- Thursday June 11, 2015, 6:00 – 6:30 p.m.
- Friday June 19, 2015, 12:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday June 24, 2015, 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.