May 11-15, 2015
There’s No UWGB without U!
Employee Appreciation Week is being celebrated May 11-15 on campus! This is a week to honor employees. The Employee Appreciation Week Work Group has put together a week of fun, and all employees are encouraged to take part in the following events during Employee Appreciation Week and the few days leading up to it. Click here for a poster outlining this weeks events.
By End of Day on Thursday, May 7:
- Share your story as a UWGB employee. (Stories will be featured during employee appreciation week) AND enter drawings (daily preferred parking or free lunch for a select number with campus leadership). To share your story and enter in these drawings, please complete this survey.
Friday, May 8th:
- Drawings will occur for daily preferred parking and the opportunity for FREE lunch with Leadership. Complete the survey above to be entered to win!
Week long events:
- FREE popcorn in the Phoenix Club with a University ID. (Sponsored by UWGB University Union)
- 20% discount in the Phoenix Bookstore on apparel, gifts, and school supplies.
- Take advantage of Shorewood’s lunch special for staff and faculty— Lunch, a drink, and 3 holes of golf for $10. Please call ahead (x2118) to reserve.
Tuesday, May 12:
- Campus Cookout and UWGB Campus Cupboard Food Drive
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m., Student Services Plaza
- Donations of non-perishable food (no glass please) and personal hygiene items can be brought to the cookout.
Thursday, May 14:
- Casual Dress Day (All Day)
- Team Building Activities- take a break and participate in activities with you co-workers.
- 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m., across campus
- Activities include:
- Phoenix Park will be reserved for pick-up games of sand volleyball.
- SS Patio will be reserved for games provided by Student Life (Ping Pong Table, Shuffleboard, Horseshoes, adult size Tricycles, Scooters, Giant Connect 4, Giant Jenga, Giant Checkers, Remote control cars).
- Campus Quad will be reserved for a pick-up game of kickball.
- Zumba class lead by Kristy Aoki in the Kress Event Center from 12:15 – 12:45 p.m. (Bring Sneakers and ID).
- Take a walk in the Cofrin Arboretum.
- Take advantage of the Disc Golf Course on campus. Please BYOD (Bring your own discs).
Friday, May 15:
Every Friday is Phoenix Friday! Wear your Phoenix gear to enjoy 10% off at A’viands dining locations.