ETF (Department of Employee Trust Funds) is offering a series of 30-minute, live, interactive webinars designed to increase your understanding of Wisconsin Retirement System benefits. Individuals can also ask questions at the end of these sessions. Visit their webinar page to learn more about any of the following sessions.
5 Basic Steps to Your Retirement
Consider this webinar your quick reference guide to starting the retirement process within the next 12 months. We’ll review: choosing a termination date, how to request a retirement estimate – and how to read and understand it. We’ll also cover how to schedule a retirement appointment and – drum roll here — how to submit the retirement application.
- Fri, Nov 1, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Thu, Nov 7, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wed, Nov 13, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Mon, Nov 18, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Choosing When to Retire
This webinar will focus primarily on choosing your optimal termination and WRS benefit effective dates. The focus will include not only the “December versus January” decision, but also how retirement timing at any point during the year can affect your retirement annuity amount and other employee retirement benefits as well.
- Thu, Oct 17, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Fri, Nov 1, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Thu, Nov 14, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Thu, Nov 21, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tue, Nov 26, 2019 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
How to Use ETF’s Online Retirement Calculator
ETF’s online retirement calculator, one of the most-used tools on our website, allows you to calculate an unofficial projection of your WRS retirement benefit at any point in the future. This webinar will cover where to find and how to use the calculator, specific information required for data entry (e.g., desired retirement date, spouse or partner’s birthdate, etc.) and how to interpret the results. There will be time at the end of the webinar to ask specific questions on this topic.
- Wed, Nov 6, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Thu, Nov 14, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Wed, Nov 20, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Thu, Nov 21, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Preparing for Your Retirement
Who should attend? Employees who are planning to retire in the next 1 – 10 years.
Learn about your steps to retire with the WRS. Attend this event by live webinar! You will learn about the impact of contributions and investment returns on your account, when you can retire, your WRS annuity options, returning to work after you retire, what happens to your account when you die, health and life insurance, and more.
Questions are welcome during and after the event!
- Thu, Oct 24, 2019 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Tue, Oct 29, 2019 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Wed, Nov 13, 2019 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
In this webinar we will discuss the Variable Fund – what it is, how it differs from the Core Fund, and the effect participation in this fund may have on your retirement benefit calculations. We will also discuss how to elect to participate in the Variable Fund, how to cancel Variable participation, and the impact the timing of these decisions may have on your Wisconsin Retirement System benefits.
- Thu, Nov 7, 2019 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Tue, Nov 12, 2019 6:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Wed, Nov 20, 2019 11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Mon, Nov 25, 2019 12:00 p.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Please contact Human Resources at (920) 465-2390 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.