- 1 quart red wine vinegar
- 1 handful rosemary sprigs
- 2 thoroughly clean 16-ounce jars with plastic lids
- Wash and dry rosemary.
- Crush lightly to release fragrance, then divide into 2 jars.
- Pour vinegar into a nonreactive pan (almost anything but aluminum) and bring just to the boiling point (about 8 to 10 minutes at medium-high heat).
- Pour vinegar into jars and put caps on jars. Let sit for 2 weeks.
- To prepare a gift, strain vinegar into pretty bottles. Add a fresh sprig of rosemary to the new bottle. Seal and present.
Note: Vinegar’s acidity makes it safer than most home-canning projects. But if your flavored vinegar starts to mold or show signs of fermenting (bubbling, severe cloudiness, or sliminess), throw it out! (Gluten-free)
Recipe from the StayWell Company, LLC