The Statement of Benefits is a summary of your WRS retirement account available each year in mid-April. It helps you keep information up to date and track the growth of your retirement account. We recommend filing your statement for future reference.
Members who have a WRS account will receive their annual statement in the mail:
- Current employees working for a WRS employer.
- Former employees who no longer work for a WRS employer.
- Alternate payees (members who received an account from a divorce).
- Retirees who have not taken a benefit from their additional contributions.
Note: UW employees will receive their statements electronically through the UW System.
Look over the statement and make sure that your information is correct: contact information, earnings, years of creditable service, employee contributions and beneficiary designations.
If you find incorrect information on your statement, contact your employer or ETF right away. There is a limited time to make corrections.
- Current employees should contact their employer.
- All other members should contact ETF.
See our How to Read Your Statement of Benefits – Active Employee page or How to Read Your Statement of Benefits – Alternate Payee page for more information.
If you did not receive a Statement of Benefits, the following may apply:
- If you took a benefit in the last year, you will not receive a Statement of Benefits for the partial year of earnings and service.
- You must update your address with ETF before mid-March.