An Income Continuation Insurance (ICI) Deferred Enrollment opportunity is currently available through March 1, 2023, for eligible employees.
Additionally, employees who are currently enrolled in ICI will have a premium update effective February 1, 2023.
ICI provides replacement income if you are unable to work due to a short or long-term disability.
Deferred Enrollment Period
Employees who are eligible for the ICI Deferred Enrollment Period were notified of their eligibility via email the week of January 30. To enroll, submit an application to your institution benefits contact by 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 1, 2023.
Generally, you will be eligible for a deferred enrollment if:
- You are currently enrolled in ICI and have Standard ICI coverage, you may be eligible to enroll in Supplemental ICI coverage.
- You are not currently enrolled in ICI, but meet one of the deferred enrollment provisions. This is the only time during the year you may enroll in ICI without evidence of insurability.
Review your personalized ICI employee web page to determine your enrollment opportunity and for an estimate of your premium.
ICI premiums are reviewed annually with any updates effective February 1 each year. Premium changes for 2023 will be reflected on the February 23, 2023, paycheck. Visit your personalized ICI employee web page for your premium summary.
There are several factors that determine your premium amount:
- Annual Premium Update
- For Faculty/Academic Staff/Limited Appointees: ICI premium* is based on your 2022 eligible earnings and the elimination period you elected.
- For University Staff: ICI premium* is based on your 2022 eligible earnings and unused sick leave balance as of December 31, 2022.
- Premium Rate
- For 2023 the ICI premium rates will decrease slightly. While premium rates are decreasing, your eligible earnings and sick leave balance may cause your premium amount to increase.
For ICI plan information visit the UW System Employee Benefits ICI web page. After reviewing the web page, if you have questions, contact your institution benefits contact.
* If you were on an unpaid leave of absence during 2022, review your ICI employee web page for information on how your premium may be affected.
Source: UW System Human Resources