Stressed out at work? Try these tactics today to get some relief:
- Resist the urge to say “yes” to everybody. Protect your schedule so you have enough time to get things done.
- Still overwhelmed? Try focusing on just one task at a time. Ask your boss to help you prioritize what needs to be done. When you can, delegate items to others.
- Confused about your boss’s expectations? Ask for a written job description that lays out your duties.
- Take a few deep breaths when you get harried. Shrug your shoulders few times to ease the tension.
- Colleague getting under your collar? Before letting your anger takeover, try counting to 10—then open your mouth.
- When you get home, take at least 15 minutes of time for yourself.Use those precious minutes to exercise, play with a pet, or meditate.
- Discuss your feelings with your family and friends. Your doctor can also recommend some ways to beat stress.