- 4 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3 whole-wheat English muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 6 1/2-ounce slices low-fat, cracked black pepper ham, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion (scallion) tops
- 3 ounces low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
In a small bowl, combine apple butter and mustard. Spread 1 tablespoon mixtureon each muffin half. In another small bowl, combine ham, onion, and cheese. Spread each muffin half with this mixture. Broil until topping is bubbly. (Both mixtures may be prepared in advance and stored separately for a quickbreakfast.)
Each serving contains about 137 calories, 10 g protein, 3 g fat (20% calories from fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 19 g carbohydrates, 2.5 g fiber, and 400 mg sodium.