Academic Staff and Limited Employees eligible for ALRA (Annual Leave Reserve Account)
Academic Staff and Limited employees who have completed ten years of qualifying service as of 6/30/2015 have the option to bank unused vacation up to 40 hours. Those who have completed 25 years of qualifying service as of 6/30/2015 can bank unused vacation up to 80 hours. The unused vacation hours are taken from the 2014-15 FY balance first, then from the 2015-16 FY, until the elected or maximum hours are reached (pro-rated for part-time employees).
The ALRA election will be submitted through Employee Self Service on the My UW System Portal, similar to entering leave.
To submit your ALRA election, you will need to complete the following steps:
- Log into the My UW System Portal and click on the Enter Absence link under the Time and Absence section.
- You will now see the Request Absence page. This is where you fill out the specific information for your ALRA conversion.
- Start Date: 7/09/16 (Please use 7/09/16 as both the start and end date, we need to use a weekend date in July for ALRA entry, and to maintain consistency will all employees, we are requesting you use 7/09/16)
- End Date: 7/09/16
- Filter by Type: Leave it set to All
- Absence Name: Select Convert Vac to ALRA
- After selecting the Absence Name, a convert field will appear for you to fill out. Enter the hours you would like to convert. As a reminder, converting must be in whole hours. HRS will verify eligibility and availability before converting vacation to ALRA.
- Click Submit. Conversion is auto approved.
ALRA designations should be entered through the Request Absence screen by 8/5/16.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions on the ALRA process.