In December 2011, the Governor issued Executive Order #54 requiring all University of Wisconsin System employees to immediately report child abuse or neglect if the employee, in the course of employment, observes an incident or threat of child abuse or neglect, learns of an incident or threat of child abuse or neglect, or has reasonable cause to believe that child abuse or neglect will occur. Please refer to UW Green Bay’s Policy on the Reporting of Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect for specific responsibilities and reporting requirements.
UW-Green Bay has developed required training related to Executive Order 54 which all employees are required to complete. A target date for completion is November 30, 2012.
Faculty, Academic Staff, Classified Employees, Limited (Unclassified Employees)
This training has been posted through d2L. Please follow these directions to access this training:
1) Click on http://www.uwgb.edu/ltc/d2l/
2) Click on the green button – UWGB Campus Account Login
3) Enter your UWGB network user ID and password, and click Login
4) Scroll down to My Courses, and click on Keeping Children Safe, Executive Order 54
5) Click on Content
6) Under Introduction, select either Executive Order 54 Training Video or Executive Order Power Point Slides
- Select the training video if your computer has audio, and you would like to view and listen to the training video
- Select the power point slides if your computer does not have audio, and you would like to click through the slides and read them on your own
- Both links cover the same material, so you do not need to review both
7) If you see a Security Warning pop-up with the message “Do you want to view only the webpage content that was delivered securely?”, please click No.
8) After reviewing the video or slides, click on Resources (two slides of informational resource links), and then click Exit
9) Click on Quizzes at the top right, and then click on Quiz
10) Answer each quiz question with the most correct answer
11) You will need to achieve 100% on the quiz to complete the training, and you can take the quiz more than once
12) After you achieve 100% on the quiz, log out of D2L, and your score will automatically be recorded
Temporary Employees (including Associate Lecturer, Adjunct Instructors, Ad Hoc Program Specialists, Limited Term Employees (LTE), Student Employees)
Please access and review the training document on our website. If you would prefer to go through the online d2L training course, please contact Human Resources to be enrolled in this course. Supervisors will be responsible for tracking temporary employees completion of this requirement and review of the training. Please inform your supervisor once you have reviewed the training document on our website or completed the online training course.
Periodic in-person training will also be held in lieu of the online training. If you attend the in-person training, you are not required to take the online training through d2L.
If you have any questions on this policy or required training, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (920) 465-2390.