Want to get in on the fastest growing sport in America?
UWGB Director of Marketing Sue Bodilly shares her favorite pastime – Pickleball – in this Lunch and Learn session.
Sue will be joined by a few members of the Packerland Pickleball Players club who will guide you through the game, its rules, a few strategic pointers, and then allow YOU to get in on the action. Come and see why the sport (a combination of ping-pong, tennis and badminton) is booming from coast-to-coast, and right here in Green Bay.
All equipment is provided.
When: Thursday, July 16, 2015; 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Student Services Plaza
Please RSVP by Tuesday, July 14, 2015 to Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rain Date is Thursday, July 23, 2015
A total of 54 employees, friends and family participated on the UW-Green Bay team as part of the 2015 Bellin Run Corporate Challenge. Congratulations to all who accomplished this challenge! Below are the results for top finishers from UW-Green Bay:
1 68.71 643 Michael Holstead M 33 39:01
2 66.11 4024 Barb Tomashek-Ditter F 47 50:05
3 65.55 645 Lea Truttmann F 46 49:59
4 65.21 641 Kevin Fermanich M 51 46:28
5 65.16 4021 Bob Blihar M 53 47:18
6 58.62 644 Ryan Sikma M 30 45:35
7 56.72 8066 John Zimonick M 52 53:53
8 55.05 4023 Sue Steeno F 43 57:56
9 54.96 8059 Robin Kepler F 41 57:11
10 54.53 8057 Kate Finn F 37 56:25
for a full list of finishers and results from all companies, see the online race results here.
Overall, UW-Green Bay finished as 10 out of 61 Corporate Challenge teams. Way to go Team! We look forward to another great year of participation in the 40th Anniversary Bellin Run in 2016!
If you have ever struggled with sugar cravings, then this Lunch n’ Learn is for you!
In a world filled with mixed messages about food and health, it is becoming increasingly harder to get control over our bodies, our weight, and our stress. And in this short session, Celeste Faye (daughter of UWGB’s own Linda Parins!) is here to help you discover the 6 motivators responsible for sugar cravings. Turns out it’s not your fault!
Which 1 of the 6 motivators is ruling your life? The Rebel, The Over-Indulger, or perhaps the ‘Procrastinator’? Your sugar cravings are telling you more than “I want chocolate”, but you likely haven’t figured out how to decode the message.
Join us for this July Lunch n’ Learn & discover how to go beyond diets, detoxes and exercise regimes to understand how you can get control over your sugar cravings.
And if the thought of quitting sugar makes you want to run in the other direction because you don’t really want to give up your sweet treats right now— you should still join us – because the good news is you don’t have to! In this session, you’ll get powerful insights to a deeper meaning of your cravings. And in the spirit of not having to give it all up, Celeste will be bringing a delicious sugar-reduced dessert for you to enjoy.
When: Thursday, July 9, 2015; 12:15 – 1 p.m.
Where: 1965 Room; University Union
Please RSVP by Monday, July 6, 2015.
Celeste is the host of an online program titled “Breaking Up With Sugar” and the co-founder of SculptMyHealth.com.
The UW-Green Bay Wellness Committee Presents:
What: Wellness Lunch ‘n Learn “Straw Bale Gardens” with Professor Heidi Fencl
When: Monday, June 1, 2015
12:15 to 1:00 p.m.
Where: Cofrin Library, 7th floor, Room 735
Please RSVP at http://uwgreenbay.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0IEDrJMclVfn9IN by Thursday, May 28, 2015.
Straw bale gardens are a great way to grow fresh produce for people with soil, space, or time limitations. They take some set up in the spring, but then largely care for themselves over the rest of the summer. A single bale can support two tomato plants or 30 bean plants, or 3 potato plants, so even one or two bales can provide a nice garden. Come to this session if you would like to learn more about setting up and maintaining a straw bale garden of your own.
Heidi Fencl is a Professor in the Physics department at UW-Green Bay. She has a 24 bale garden this year and is looking forward to fresh green beans, cucumbers and tomatoes!
Team Building Thursday activities provided some light hearted fun and a chance for employees to spend some time out of the office! Check out the photos below from last weeks’ UW-Green Bay version of #TBT!
May 11-15, 2015
There’s No UWGB without U!
Employee Appreciation Week is being celebrated May 11-15 on campus! This is a week to honor employees. The Employee Appreciation Week Work Group has put together a week of fun, and all employees are encouraged to take part in the following events during Employee Appreciation Week and the few days leading up to it. Click here for a poster outlining this weeks events.
By End of Day on Thursday, May 7:
- Share your story as a UWGB employee. (Stories will be featured during employee appreciation week) AND enter drawings (daily preferred parking or free lunch for a select number with campus leadership). To share your story and enter in these drawings, please complete this survey.
Friday, May 8th:
- Drawings will occur for daily preferred parking and the opportunity for FREE lunch with Leadership. Complete the survey above to be entered to win!
Week long events:
- FREE popcorn in the Phoenix Club with a University ID. (Sponsored by UWGB University Union)
- Take advantage of Shorewood’s lunch special for staff and faculty— Lunch, a drink, and 3 holes of golf for $10. Please call ahead (x2118) to reserve.
Tuesday, May 12:
- Campus Cookout and UWGB Campus Cupboard Food Drive
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m., Student Services Plaza
- Donations of non-perishable food (no glass please) and personal hygiene items can be brought to the cookout.
Thursday, May 14:
- Casual Dress Day (All Day)
- Team Building Activities- take a break and participate in activities with you co-workers.
- 11:45 a.m. – 1:15 p.m., across campus
- Activities include:
- Phoenix Park will be reserved for pick-up games of sand volleyball.
- SS Patio will be reserved for games provided by Student Life (Ping Pong Table, Shuffleboard, Horseshoes, adult size Tricycles, Scooters, Giant Connect 4, Giant Jenga, Giant Checkers, Remote control cars).
- Campus Quad will be reserved for a pick-up game of kickball.
- Zumba class lead by Kristy Aoki in the Kress Event Center from 12:15 – 12:45 p.m. (Bring Sneakers and ID).
- Take a walk in the Cofrin Arboretum.
- Take advantage of the Disc Golf Course on campus. Please BYOD (Bring your own discs).
Friday, May 15:
- Every Friday is Phoenix Friday! Wear your Phoenix gear to enjoy 10% off at A’viands dining locations.
- 20% discount in the Phoenix Bookstore on apparel, gifts, and school supplies.
Have you registered for the Bellin Run?