This position serves as a coordinator and liaison among UW-Green Bay, UW-Extension, and private and public partner organizations engaged in the restoration of the Lower Green Bay Ecosystem. General responsibilities include organization and oversight of projects, development of a habitat mangement and restoration plan, data collection and archiving, promotion of ongoing projects and project products through various media and professional organizations. Finally, the position serves as coordinator to identify, and construct teams to pursue, emerging funding opportunities in support of restoration activities within the Lower Green Bay Ecosystem.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate the development of a Habitat Restoration and Management Plan (“Plan”).
- Coordinate input from project team to guide “Plan.”
- Prepare text, maps, figures, and associated materials for “Plan.”
- Lead meetings and conference calls composed of diverse stakeholders; foster partnerships.
- Gather necessary documents, research, and other information to inform “Plan.”
- Prepare outreach materials to support “Plan.”
- Coordinator for Green Bay restoration projects.
- Serve as coordinator to bring together stakeholders, researchers, and conservation organizations engaged in restoration within Lower Green Bay Ecosystem.
- Lead the implementation of restoration projects in Lower Green Bay for UWGB partner organizations.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring activities in the area of the Cat Island Chain and Duck Creek Delta.
- Serve as the primary contact and agent for data mangement, GIS databases, and models generated through Lower Green Bay Ecosystem restoration projects.
- Oversee project budgets.
- Dissemination and completion of project products and findings.
- Communicate ongoing and completed products related to the restoration of the Green Bay Ecosystem through local media outlets, social media, related online media, professional conferences, and publications.
For more information and position responsibilities, please see the full position announcement.
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Tuesday, May 2, 2017.