ERA Special Election Period for Employees with Same-Sex Spouses

2013 ERA Special Election Period for Employees with Same-Sex Spouses – October 14 – November 13, 2013
This email applies only to employees with a same-sex spouse.
Due to recent tax law changes, if you have a legally recognized same-sex spouse, you may now claim medical and dependent care expenses for your spouse and spouse’s children through the Employee Reimbursement Account (ERA) program. This applies to 2013 ERA contributions to the Health Care and the Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) programs.

You may enroll in the ERA program or increase your election for 2013 by submitting a Change in Status form directly to WageWorks by November 13, 2013. We recommend that you submit the form as soon as possible to allow for processing before the end of the calendar year.

If you are already enrolled in the ERA program for 2013, and you do not plan to increase your election, you may still submit claims incurred by your spouse or spouse’s children for the entire 2013 plan year (January 1, 2013 – March 15, 2014).
Forms must be submitted to WageWorks via fax at 1-866-672-4780 or U.S. Mail to: PO BOX 1840, Tallahassee, Fl 32302-1840.

Please note that if you want to enroll in the ERA program for 2014, you must enroll online or via paper application by November 1, 2013. See the Annual Benefit Enrollment (ABE) website for more information: