Annual Benefit Enrollment Period Ends on Nov. 2!
3 Days until the Annual Benefit Enrollment Period Ends on November 2!
The Annual Benefit Enrollment Period ends on November 2, 2012 for all participating plans. All eBenefits elections and/or paper applications must be submitted by Friday, November 2, 2012 at 4:30 p.m. (10:59 p.m. for online ERA enrollment). Submit paper applications to your institution’s benefits office. All changes made during this period will be effective January 1, 2013.
Benefit Changes Allowed during Annual Enrollment
- State Group Health Insurance – enroll, change health plans, add/remove dependents, cancel coverage
- Dental Wisconsin Dental Insurance - enroll, change plans, add/remove dependents, cancel coverage
- VSP Vision Insurance – enroll, add/remove dependents, cancel coverage
- EPIC Benefits+ – if already enrolled, cancel vision insurance, remove dependents, cancel all coverage (no open enrollment) – must use paper application to make changes to this coverage.
- Individual and Family Group Life Insurance – if already enrolled, increase coverage level, can cancel coverage at any time
- Employee Reimbursement Account (ERA) Program (Health Care FSA & Dependent Care FSA) – must re-enroll every year.
Are you happy with your benefits and do not want to make any changes? Please take a few moments to review the annual benefit enrollment materials to ensure that your current benefits, health plan and health providers will be available to you next year. If you do not want to make any changes, you do not have to submit any applications.
Use eBenefits to Make Elections Online
Log into My UW System and click on the Open Enrollment link in the Benefit Information box to make your elections online. Your elections are submitted after you click on the final submit button and see the following page: “Submit Confirmation – Your benefit choices have been successfully submitted to your benefits office.”
You cannot use eBenefits to make your ERA Health and/or Dependent Care FSA election. Make your ERA election at the WageWorks website. WageWorks will email you a confirmation notice once you submit your election. You should review this notice for accuracy.
The Monday after you submit your elections, log into My UW System and go to the “View Benefits Summary Detail” link in the Benefit Information box to confirm your elections. You will need to enter “01/01/2013” in the date field above the summary and click “Go” to see your 2013 elections. See the Annual Benefit Enrollment Quick Start Guide for details.
Annual Benefit Enrollment Resources
- Annual Benefit Enrollment website
- Annual Benefit Enrollment Brochure
- Department of Employee Trust Funds It’s Your Choice page
- Health Plans by County Tool
- Individual & Family Life Insurance Premium Calculator
- WageWorks calculators
Click here to take a brief survey about the Annual Benefit Enrollment period – your feedback is important to us.