Join the Office of International Education on Thursday, May 13 from 12–1 p.m. as they discuss considerations when teaching international students, the study abroad experience for students, information on how one goes about leading travel courses, and other topics.
Explore ideas in promoting student success and retention with Vince Lowery, Director of Student Success and Engagement and Director of Gateways to Phoenix Success, and Darrell Renier, Director, Office of Academic Advising and Retention. Date and Time TBA!
Unsure of what to do when a student is disengaged and unresponsive? Notice a student’s grades dropping drastically? Not sure how to deal with classroom disruptions or academic misconduct?
Join staff from the Dean of Students Office on Monday, Mar. 29 from 3–4 p.m. to learn how you can partner with their office to help your students be successful while navigating personal and academic challenges.
Though early career instructors and those new to UW-Green Bay are especially encouraged to attend, all are welcome! Please use this link to register so that we can add you to the virtual session.
Join us March 3, 2021, 3–4 p.m. via Microsoft Teams for a virtual showcase of sustained programming opportunities that might be available to instructors through UW System and UW-Green Bay to support your educational development in the coming years. Highlights will include upcoming programming in Spring 2021 and annual programming opportunities:
- Reading group for Agile Faculty—dates TBA
- Annual OPID Spring Conference on Teaching and Learning—April 9, 16, & 23 2021, and usually in April each year
- Annual Faculty College through the UW System Office of Professional Instructional Development (OPID)—June 1-4, 2021, and usually in late May or early June each year
- Wisconsin Teaching Fellows and Scholars through the UW System Office of Professional Instructional Development (OPID)—Fall application deadline
- Communities of Practice through UW-Green Bay’s Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning—Call for participants in Summer 2021 or Fall 2021
- Early Career Teaching Fellows through UW-Green Bay’s Center for the Advancement of Teaching and Learning. Apply Spring 2021 to start in late Summer/Fall 2021
Register by March 3, 2021.
Join presenters Miriam Brabham, Cindy L. Johnson, and Mai J. Lo Lee Monday, February 22, 2021 from 3-4 p.m. to learn about “Creating A More Welcoming Classroom” from the staff of the Multi-Ethnic Student Affairs (MESA) who advise and aid in the academic success of undergraduate students of multi-ethnic backgrounds and multicultural students.
Register here by Feb. 19, 2021.