This year was the very first Independent Learning Experience Event sponsored by the PsycHD Club. You can learn more and access the information that was covered at the meeting and all those amazing opportunities here: Independent Learning Experience Information
Psi Chi President and Vice President
Name: Emma Yeager
Major: Psychology with a Mental Health Emphasis & Human Biology with a Health Science Emphasis
Career Aspirations: My current plan is to continue onto medical school to become a Pediatric Psychiatrist.
Name: Kassidy Murphy
Major: Psychology with a Mental Health Emphasis
Position: Vice President
Career Aspirations: Go on to graduate school for my Master’s in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and become a licensed professional counselor with my own practice.
PsycHD Club President and Vice President
Name: Katie Sorebo
Majors: Psychology and English
Career Aspirations: I hope to get my masters in Special Education or Educational Psychology to teach, conduct research, and eventually take part in higher education.
Name: Sophie Sielen
Position: Vice President
Career Aspirations: I hope to eventually go onto graduate school, but first I am taking some time to gain work experience in victim advocacy type careers.
We have the PsycHD club and Psi Chi which is the Psi Chi honor society. ANYONE and EVERYONE who is interest in psychology or learning a bit more about psychology is welcome to attend both organization’s meetings and events.
The sponsored meetings/events are every Tuesday at 5:15pm in MAC 107. PsycHD and Psi Chi switch off weeks in which they sponsor meetings/events. This semester we are planning incorporating something each week whether it is guest speakers, Q&A panels, workshops, social events, and much more. If this interests you please stop by MAC 107 Tuesdays at 5:15pm.
You can also keep up with our social media where we will post updates about events and meeting on:
- UWGB Psychd Club
- UWGB Psi Chi
- Instagram: psychd.uwgb
- Snapchat: gb_psychclub
If you have anymore questions feel free to email the clubs at:
- PsycHD: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Psi Chi: email@example.com
You can now earn badges for your involvement in psych department extracurricular activities. Here’s how:
Step 1: Enroll in the UWGB Psychology D2L Page
- Login to D2L.
- On the D2L Homepage, click self registration.
- Click “UWGB Psychology” from the list of courses.
- Follow the instructions from there.
Step 2: Check out the available badges
You can see the list of available badges by going into the UWGB Psychology class you just joined, clicking on “Awards” and clicking on “Available Badges.” There are too many to list here but there are badges for…
- Attending P/HD or Psi Chi events and speakers,
- Joining Psi Chi,
- Participating in professional development activities,
- and more.
Step 3: Earn badges
From there, it’s simple. Do what you need to do to earn badges, tell a Psi Chi or P/HD Club officer, and they will credit you. If you have questions, contact Ryan Martin (firstname.lastname@example.org), Allee Schramm (email@example.com), or Annemarie Schwery (firstname.lastname@example.org).
See if you can earn them all!
The Psych Report is the Newsletter for the Psychology program at UW-Green Bay. If you look around a bit, you’ll find it’s more than just a newsletter. Here are the highlights:
- Upcoming Events: A place you can go to see all the upcoming events the psych program or our student orgs have to offer.
- Psychology Student Org Info: Both Psi Chi and the PHD Club have homes here. You can meet the current officers, watch a little movie on why you should get involved, or find out how to get involved.
- Career Show/Grad School Show/Podcast: We have two Youtube shows, Psyched for Careers and Psyched for Graduate School, and a podcast, Psychology and Stuff. Each of these has a page with tons of information about what they are and why you should give them a listen. Likewise, we archive our previous episodes there so you can go back and give them a watch/listen.
- Easy Links to All our Social Networking Sites: Up on the right side of the page, you’ll see links to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram so you can easily check out what we are up to.
- All of Our Videos in One Place: We make a lot of videos. Some are informative, some are inspiring, and some are just for fun. Regardless, we put them all in one place for you to check out.
- Categories for Posts: Finally, if you’re searching for posts on particular topics (e.g., career info, registration info), you can click just on the category over there on the right. That will take you just to information about that topic.
PHD Club is excited to announce some plans for the rest of the semester!!!
On Tuesday, October 27th and Wednesday October 28th, PHD will be hosting the “Haunted C-Wing” where students are encouraged to participate in a spooky scavenger hunt and talk with their Psych/Hum Dev professors! The C-Wing will be decorated in Halloween theme and Faculty will be handing out candy to students who stop by. Students who complete the scavenger hunt will be entered to win a cool UWGB Psych themed prize.
PHD is also collaborating with Psi Chi in collecting non-perishable food items in “Trick or Treat So Others Can Eat”! Students from both clubs are welcome to help collect food items from surrounding neighborhoods or simply bring in donations. Donations will be given to UWGB’s Campus Cupboard to help other students in need.
Lastly, PHD is excited to continue the UWGB Psych Music Videos and would like volunteers to help plan ideas and be part of the promotional videos!
Our next meeting is October 27th at 5:30 in MAC 201 (The Gathering Room)
If you have any suggestions or question, please feel free to email President Jenny Carrillo at email@example.com
It’s been a big year and we wanted to take some time at the end here to recap the awesome things our students and faculty did in 2014-15.