Featured Student: Torrey Lucido
1) When are you graduating? I am graduating in December 2019.
2) What are your career plans? I plan on going to graduate school for occupational therapy and working with people with disabilities. I am particularly interested in helping patients who have suffered from brain injury.
3) Why did you major in psychology? I have always had a passion for helping people with disabilities and have consistently worked and volunteered in the caregiving field since I was 12 years old. My dad has suffered two traumatic brain injuries, one before I was born and one a couple years ago, and watching his experience has sparked my drive to help others in similar situations. Occupational therapy is a field where I could really help people live their best possible lives and having a background in psychology will ensure my ability to help with the mental aspect of improving physical capabilities.
4) What do you do for fun? I love distance running, hiking and volunteering at the CP Center.
5) What academic experience or accomplishment are you most proud of? Making at least semester honors every semester and being a research assistant for Ryan Martin this semester.
6) What is your favorite movie, book, and TV show related to psychology? My favorite movie is A Long Way Down, book The Alchemist and a TV show BoJack Horseman.
7) What single thing do you hope to accomplish at UWGB before graduating? I hope that before I graduate I will have fully utilized all the opportunities and resources given to me by my professors and the school, from internship and volunteer connections to general advice.
8) What else do you want people to know about you? I love 80s rock and metal and am so happy I got to see the classic (almost) Guns n Roses play twice. The first time I flew to Texas since I missed all the closer shows!